The RW-12d is at $300 shipped again

jhoak

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the end of the product run for the sub and they are clearing out the supply chain. Newegg, had 2400 on hand a couple of weeks ago.

Curious, how do you know how many they have or have had on hand?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When my first crushed unit showed up, I had already sold my sub-12 to a friend, so I worried that I would be wooferless if they ran out of stock. The agent assured me that they had 1000 on hand and 1400 arriving any day, so no worries. They are flushing out the supply-distribution chain at the end of product life. They will build and refirb every unit they can so they eat nothing. UPS is a different story, they are eating a lot of these that they crush. Apparently, they ship things like speakers in the same trucks as transmissions and engine blocks, who is going to lose that one when the truck starts bouncing? My local packer and shipper told me that if its fragile they ship only Fedex ground since they use separate trucks for industrial vs home packages, a few cents more per box but worth it.

anybody remember where these shipped from?

Mine came from California......................

Albuquerque, NM, United States 12/01/2011 5:33 P.M. Delivered
12/01/2011 5:21 A.M. Out For Delivery
Albuquerque, NM, United States 11/30/2011 9:45 P.M. Arrival Scan
11/30/2011 9:24 P.M. Departure Scan
11/30/2011 12:25 P.M. Arrival Scan
Cerritos, CA, United States 11/27/2011 6:13 P.M. Departure Scan
11/27/2011 5:05 P.M. Origin Scan
Baldwin Park, CA, United States 11/27/2011 2:18 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 11/28/2011 12:01 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

• 2 weeks later...

It's up to $499.99 shipped. Still a half price of MSRP. Do we hold out for it to drop to $300 again or pounce on it for $500?

I'd wait if i were you. I'm sure it will be on sale again. But if you can't it's less thru Amazon right now. BTW the MSRP is somewhat inflated. I believe it was closer to 799.00 before being discontinued.

• 2 weeks later...

It's back at newegg for 299

Promo code is needed to get the price down the extra $200, offer expires 2-15.

Maybe there will be the next offer?

At these prices I decided to pick up one more (for a total of 2), with the thought that I can sell it for what I paid a year or two down the road if I changed my mind.

Accuracy is great with these RW12d units, I still regret selling my sub 12 for its room shaking quality's for movies like the transformers. My friend loves it.

The record for UPS is two crushed units before the third arrived intact inside of a crushed box. We'll see if UPS will try to smash their record and go for 3 crushed sub-woofers this time.

I would love to see their warehouse where all of the crushed speakers and amps find their final resting place. It must be big.