We have a new moderator in our midst!

Amy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suspicious. Probably an Audiovox spy here to steal all our cooking recipes. Don't trust him until he's proven himself. That starts by replacing the beat-to-death forum operating software with something from this century.

Then there's the giveaways. You know, the ones we don't get cause you're busy handing out free t-shirts on Facebook. Very clever Amy. Didn't think we'd notice. Wonder where that idea came from?

How come we don't get no stinking free t-shirts here?

That's cause we're second bananas on the internet firmament. Been replaced in the hearts of the corporate mindset by the glitter and glam of Facebook and Twitter. Yet who does all your heavy customer service lifting, us guys or those fancypants on Facebook? We all know the answer to that question.

I say we give this bum the cold-shoulder until our demands, er, needs, are met.

How the conversation went.....

Amy: Don't worry about your new duty with the Forum..... don't pay them any mind, they are like children out there; well, really big weird children.

Alex: I don't quite understand; when you interviewed me for this job, you made me meet you away from the building and insisted that I wear a disguise. Is there something I'm missing?

Amy: No.... not really, and besides if I told you everything about the members, we'd have to pay for your stay in the institution for the newly insane.....

Alex: That makes me feel so much better..... There's a couple already that have me seriously worried.... I mean, do I need to move, or something?

Amy: No, not as bad as that; they take road trips, but get distracted on the way by anyone with big Klipsch speakers they can visit, get food and generally hang out. By the time they get here, they will be more interested in free t-shirts than who you just banned.....

Alex: Free t-shirts? Whadda' you mean, free t-shirts?

Amy: Ok, it's like this.... Every time I mention something free, they go into a weird feeding frenzy, especially Thebes.

Alex: What's a Thebes?

Amy: You don't wanna' know. I didn't wanna' know, but they told me, and believe me, you don't wanna' know.

Alex: Is he safe? I looked at his picture on the Forum and he's giving himself electro-shock therapy like Professor Emilio Lizardo in Buckaroo Banzai!!

Amy: Nah, that's a clever ploy on his part as the leader of the Free Klipsch Stuff gang.... Induce fear and hope we fall for it. Ignore it.

Alex: Wait a minute here, you said gang.... That means there's more than one.....

Amy: Well..... I guess I kinda' glossed over that part.... But don't worry, they are harmless.... well, they have been to this point....

Alex: What do I do!? They are already demanding to know what Klipsch speakers I own, telling me that it's a jungle or some such BS, and now this Klipsch Free Stuff gang leader is demanding explanations? The Forum looks like a cyber version of something Hunter S. Thompson only dreamed about!!!

Amy: Don't worry!!! they will not hurt you; just don't wear an "Alex" nametag at the Pilgrimage and you'll be safe. Oh, and by the way, did you go downstairs to Human Resources and fill out your will and last testament? Nothing to get worried about, just a standard procedure.....

Alex: Thanks alot.... Qucik question before I get back to work, does the company cover meds that i may have to take after watching this unfold in the bizarre manner that I suspect will be the case......

Amy: Of course! But you probably will want to skip the meds as they won't do any good....

Alex: I feel so much better now..... Anything else?

Amy: Actually yes..... In the storeroom in the basement are a bunch boxes of t-shirts that you may need......

[H]

Alex: Is he safe? I looked at his picture on the Forum and he's giving himself electro-shock therapy like Professor Emilio Lizardo in Buckaroo Banzai!!

Cool

I was wondering when someone would finally notice my resemblance to my third cousin, once removed.

post-14801-13819685952422_thumb.jpg

Welcome Alex. Where's the donuts?

Amy, gonna miss you. Hey wait, since you're not going to be around as often don't you have to ship eveyone free M40's or something!

icould have swore I saw that in one of your posts. I mean, you don't want us to tell Alex all the bad stuff about you do you?

• Moderators

You guys are funny. Don't worry, I'll still be checking on you.

Hey Thebes, all you have to do it mosey over to FB and throw your name in the hat for a shirt. And all of you typically get one if you attend the Pilgrimage. Plus you get a dinner. And a lunch. And a breakfast. And a tour. So there.

Plus, I've been encouraging you to participate in the design a T-shirt contest. I don't see your entry?

The opportunities abound!

[;)]

You guys are funny. Don't worry, I'll still be checking on you.

Funny? It goes beyond that. Alex is rumored to be Alexis. The perfect disguise. We think it's a guy. It's another speaker geek woman such as yourself (to us funny guys, that is the highest compliment). The perfect forum moderator disguise.

But Marty is up to something. And the twins have been rather aloof as of late. And even forgot my birthday. No, call the cops, blow out the roof birthday party for my (ulp) 50th. They really did forget. They never forget. Anything. (But they did make it up to me...). Sometimes the twins don't even tell Marty what they're up to, much less me. The excuse being they'd have to kill us if we know the full truth. In most cases they're just ornery and playful that way. Marty doesn't even know what sort of covert operation they're up to.....not completely anyway but we have our suspicions. So if Alex is Alexis, she could be the twins undercover. So why do I tell you? You probalby won't believe they could dup you that well. They are very hard, well pretty much impossible to tell apart. Even to themselves as they're so good at impresonating one another they have to think about to remember who they are. And well, if they have infiltrated the Klispch empire. you do deserve a fight chance. So don't think you haven't been warned when "Alex" starts convincing the Klipsch purse strings to give away really nice things to Forum members, but only the select few who can actually read this post and/or resulting email.

Yes. The twins are that good.

Now if Alex is really just Alex, or even Alexis and the twins have nothing to do with this, but they are up to something... then you have nothing to fear. Unless of course your training of Alex was less than 6 weeks he may be easily swayed by Hypno-Toad. If Alex is Alexis she will be more difficult for Hypno Toad to sway and will require much less training to be able to fight off Hypno Toads powers...

Dr Whitecoat is coming. Gotta run...

So I figured I should finally drop by this thread and clarify a couple things:

- I am a dude.

- My name is not Alexis.

Haha!

...Anyway, thank you all of the welcome messages. The Community seems like a great place and y'all don't seem to be any trouble at all.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to fire away...Hopefully, I won't regret saying that!

The Community seems like a great place and y'all don't seem to be any trouble at all.

Maybe you shouldn't ask for a raise until the fun really starts...

Whatever you're making now, it's not enough... [:o]

Chris [:D]