Good center match for Heresy Mains?

oldslow

It seems a bit odd trying to be using Heresey's for HT mains, but we use what we have, eh? (grin)

I'm using H2's and was using a RC3II for the center. It was ok I guess, I'm not all that great of a judge, I suspect.

A few days ago, swapped the RC3 for a KLF-C7. Used audessy to recal, and good to go.

it does sound much better. I can hear the dialog much better, something I had trouble with before. I'll still have to check, audessey seems to put the H2's to small and I like them on large. I'll set the C7 to large also and see how that sounds. I have a new bluray of Ben Hur I'll try later today.

I've seen several klf-c7's for sale here recently.

Heh, thanks.

I've been kind of reluctant to post a pic of my cave, it's just so much crap compared to the fantastic spaces a lot of people have here. I mean, come on, it's a raw basement with some paint.

Yes, the lower H2 is on a riser, I'm trying to decide if I like them higher or lower. I'd really like to find an industrial set, black with chrome corners. The wood doesn't match well with the Rhino Liner. har!

Moray, man, do you live and breath these things? It sure seems like your advice is nearly always the best in regards to the some of the Klipsch heritage line.

That makes me want to ask, I don't think I've seen it spelled out ~ are the "older" 3-ways the speakers referred to as Heritage?

At any rate, I'll try the 18-20" off the floor if that matches the center. Or gets it close, I have the center tilted up and exactly 1.494540° because it's just slightly lower than ear height.

So, that means I should do the same with the H2's?

I guess that I get into the things which interest me and the Klipsch do that. The Forte and Chorus and to a lesser degree the KLF are considered extended Heritage speakers. The Epic series is pretty much the pre cursor to the RF series.

With respect to your Heresy setting them up to the same height would be a good starting point. If you can raise the height that would be better but if not then place then as hifh as you can and tilt them to aim at your ears. If you can gget them up to 18 - 20 inches up off the floor that would be great. Best regards Moray James.