Cinema F-20 build thread

CECAA850

This build thread rocks, and my offer to help thaddeussmith with measurement still stands, as we are both in the DFW area.

Thanks Greg, I will surely be taking you up on your offer. I'm having my first kid some time in the next couple weeks, so lets plan to synch up some time after April/May. Maybe we can even turn it into a little clinic if other DFW'ers want to come out and learn some things about measuring and tweaking.

> I'm having my first kid...

Congrats!

> some time after April/May

2012? 2013? 2029? You never know with kids....

Whenever you're up for it, send email. Also, I have a triamped K-horn rig that was tuned by measurements and I'd like to get some other ears involved. Again, send email and we'll schedule something.

> Maybe we can even turn it into a little clinic...

I'd be interested in doing a clinic *after* I get some small room measurement chops. All my experience is in larger spaces or outdoors. Another thing that would make more sense would be my learning REW so that all the demonstrations could be done with a system that everyone can get their hands on.

Thanks for the comment on the thread, I had a blast building the sub.

even though it's MDF, i can't stress how well Carl made this turn out and his attention to detail. After a week of testing there are no rattles, no loose bits, no air leaks, and he finished everything to the point of literally only needing paint. if Carl ever offers to build you a speaker, say YES and worry about the size/use/placement later. ;)

• Moderators

i can't stress how well Carl made this turn out and his attention to detail. After a week of testing there are no rattles, no loose bits, no air leaks, and he finished everything to the point of literally only needing paint.

I can see why you can say that, I just read this whole thread, I do not know how I missed it, I had seen the first page or two and had just missed the rest somehow ?

That sub is BIG, I didn't realize from the first few pictures but looking at the rest of the pic's you can see the size compared to the garage .[:o]

CECAA you do very nice work, you do not give yourself enough credit, that was easy to see after reading this. Also that is really nice thing to do, when you help someone get something like this knowing they enjoy it as much as you do makes it's even better. First Class dude. [H]

Thaddeussmith, Congratulations that's a monster. I hope it turns out great, like anything it takes a little playing with and getting use to but you have a great start.

WOW.................Great job of documenting everything, that really helps anyone looking at different designs when looking to build.

Thanks. [Y]

I bought a few of the KTP-100 cinema speakers. 2 of them will go in my garage to replace a couple small non-Klipsch bookshelf speakers that I'm currently using. I'm going to build a small 25Hz tapped horn sub to fill in the bottom end. It'll use a 6 1/2" mid bass driver and a plate amp to make it go. I'll start it after I hang some more lights in my garage.

• Moderators

OH, and i forgot to mention the white glove service: component buying advice with countless answers to my questions, smoked boudin for lunch, a chance to enjoy the company of his family, system demos, after purchase setup and advice .. and so on. Try and get THAT from your 22 yr old magnolia guy.

You know that will not happen even if your looking at $1000 worth of monster cables.

Was it the one white glove like MJ or did he have both, just trying to find out if he does the moon walk around the garage while building. [:|]

• Moderators

I bought a few of the KTP-100 cinema speakers. 2 of them will go in my garage to replace a couple small non-Klipsch bookshelf speakers that I'm currently using. I'm going to build a small 25Hz tapped horn sub to fill in the bottom end. It'll use a 6 1/2" mid bass driver and a plate amp to make it go. I'll start it after I hang some more lights in my garage.

You can say it, it's OK, you just love making sawdust, [A] you got me wanting to build something now, no room for a monster like that though.

Was it the one white glove like MJ or did he have both, just trying to find out if he does the moon walk around the garage while building. Indifferent

You got me dtel. I put on my glove and sing "Beat It".Surprise

As long as there's no lotion involved. LMAODevil

I guess you've never had a sequin burn before[:P]

• Haha 1