Why are you still awake?

Pete H

I'm still awake because I just got my @ss ripped because I got a call on my cell phone from an unknown number that in my infinite wisdom told my insanely jealous GF to answer and it was some girl wanting this number to stop texting them; you want to talk about a she! storm, let me tell you; and no, I didn't have a clue who the hel! it was, nor do I engage in extra relationship affairs, so when she flipped out, I did too. She tries to tell me that I'm the only trusting sole on the planet and my calm reaction to situations isn't normal, but I'm sorry, if you're an insecure and jealous person, you really need to get a life and a counselor. Am I really the only one that lives each day with a clear conscience and doesn't worry about others making bad decisions? Sorry guys, just venting, but when I'm told that trust is an unusual quality and that many girlfriends can be lined up to verify this, I just can't understand it. I've spent too many years developing my self worth and respect for others to fold now.

This story reminds me of someone, did you get the why are'ent you jealous question?

They calm down after a while and realize that complete trust es way better than the extreme pressure of a relatioship of jealousy. I am 13 years with my wife now but the first 3 we were together another woman could not look at me without me bieng asked, "Do you know her?"

Lets just say it is much better now.

Mr. Cynical here. Was married a total of 36 years. Never cheated, never lied, did my best, etc, etc........ But when the ladies get some burr rolling around their feminine psyche they discount any good you have ever done or have ever been. Then you deserve nothing you have earned. They deserve everything of any value because they earned it all and you need to be gone and you are often reminded of these things. It is seriously like some Stephen King novel -Ban-She Freak People-. They morph into a really out-of-touch and really mean person you never knew existed. Kinda scary. Now I approach them a whole lot less sincere and with a serious modicum of wariness, like poking at a venomous snake with a long stick.

Now I approach them a whole lot less sincere and with a serious modicum of wariness, like poking at a venomous snake with a long stick.

Thanks for my morning chukle.

I got a nice late afternood chuckle from that one too!!

Me too and boy did I need that. Her head is screwed back on this morning, not completely tight, but there's no more green stuff flying out of her mouth.

If I'm awake and SWMBO is not..... I let sleeping the venomous science fiction level home version of "Species" in pissed off mode to continue the nappy poos..... Whe she arises in all of her glory like a strange interpretation of William Blake's famous "dragon" painting, then I'm safe for another day, or transgression.... whicver comes first....

the-great-red-dragon-and-the-woman-cloth

She's always answered her phone whenever I called. She always at home when I got home whether early or late. She always cooked my meals. She's always home on my day off. She never gone on a trip alone without me. She never argued with me. She never spoke in a loud voice with me or yelled at me. She never got angry with me. And she always smiled at me. Whatever else happened when I am not there doesn't really matter!

(about 2x a year),

I think that's well below normal, but I wouldn't know, and it's never my fault. Indifferent

Normal is realizing that you don't control anyone's actions but your own and you let others deal with their choices good or bad and don't react off the cuff because no good ever comes from that. That said, " I'm never wrong either" [:P]

She's always answered her phone whenever I called. She always at home when I got home whether early or late. She always cooked my meals. She's always home on my day off. She never gone on a trip alone without me. She never argued with me. She never spoke in a loud voice with me or yelled at me. She never got angry with me. And she always smiled at me. Whatever else happened when I am not there doesn't really matter!

This is a very special person you speak of, you must be ok too......

• Moderators

Thats almost scary, I would sleep with one eye open ! [:#] She's going to go off on you one day and it's all going to come back to her at once, can you run fast ? [:o]

Just kidding, we have been married 33 years, argue sure, on occasion sometimes even yell a little but we both know by now how it's going to end........................probably a hunting accident, or medium size explosion, [:o] or just old age. [:P]