REAL Chef(s) ONLY Recipe Thread!

Mallette

The mandolin is on its way to you blsamuel.

Be careful. No we DO NOT want pictures if you happen to "slip".

Oh yea... One more thing... I can not and will not be held responsible if your "klutzieness" results in an injury while using the mandolin. If you do happen to lop off an apendage go ahead and sue me. I got nothing so you can have all of it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mandolin is on its way to you blsamuel.

Be careful. No we DO NOT want pictures if you happen to "slip".

Oh yea... One more thing... I can not and will not be held responsible if your "klutzieness" results in an injury while using the mandolin. If you do happen to lop off an apendage go ahead and sue me. I got nothing so you can have all of it.

Well you do have the few dollars I sent to you for shipping.

That might be more of nothing than I have. So I find a sleezy lawyer to sue you, you find one to countersue me, they'll find something to get paid, leaving us both with less than we begain. Even if one of us would "win".

(I'm joking to all hard working honest members of the legal profession - lawyers don't scare me. All that I've met are really hard working bright people. I even got the shirt off of a lawyers back once.... bwuhahahaha.... of course now I've gotta watch my back in case he decides he wants my shrit.)

I think I'll put up on shelf until proper protective gear arrives.

You should see me after slicing radishes for 300 ...... forget bandaids..... just cauterize your bloody stumps on the hot grill and wrap in duct tape!

Fillet glove too confining for you?

At least for us amateurs, I consider it a kitchen essential.

Dave

No time for fillet gloves!!! It's a total flustercluck 14-16 hr marathon on event days.....we barely have time to pee...... usually have 10 things going at once, still have all my digits :)

We are very careful on the more dangerous items...... worst cuts I've seen are on stupid stuff like the 18 roll of plastic wrap cutters, bushel crate staples, or my worst cut...(12 stitches) the side of a number 10 can, those puppies can be razor sharp . I almost never get cut with a knife. "knock on wood"

So I've been trying to make the short ribs recipe, to say butchers in Maine are lacking just doesn't begin to tell the story. One "butcher" had only frozen short ribs, that had bones in them but had little to no meat. The other "butcher" has packages labeled "short ribs" I bought these took a photo (see below) then ground them into burgers. Pretty good tasting meat, but are these gonna work for the recipe?

post-28352-13819690014192_thumb.jpg

On another note, here is what I'm doing today, Bacon A-LA Alton Brown cardboard box cold smoker. Pork belly has been in a rub/brine in the fridge for 8 days. After a few hours I'm gonna do up some pork chops with a nice spice rub in the hot smoke side. :)

post-28352-13819690017746_thumb.jpg

What's the white foam looking stuff around the yard/deck for , fire prevention. Big Smile

I had to ask someone. I am told it's called "snow," not to be confused with "cocaine," which only falls from the sky around Laredo. It's found only locations that are incredibly cold and generally uninhabitable for warm blooded creatures. [;)]

Dave

• Moderators

I got cold just looking at it, so it really is true, people really do live way up north enough to snow and freeze that much, don't know how they do it, probably only a few of them anyway adventurous enough to try that. [:o]

• Moderators

I think you guys cursed me with the snow talk, now it's snowing. The chops just went on, 2 hr left.

WOW get back in the igloo and warm up some, I see you don't play around wher you say COLD smoked ! [;)]

So the weather man said possible flurry's (ie, .25 or less) overnight. I get up this AM and there are 6" of snow on the smoker. Luckily I finished right about when it started. If you haven't made your own bacon you just don't know what your missing! They shouldn't even be allowed to call that floppy wet stuff at the super market by the same name. When it's time to slice the bacon, I really am thankful that I own the right knife, I can't imagine trying to do this with most peoples "best knife".

post-28352-13819690148266_thumb.jpg