Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Good morning (Saturday) [C]

Brac, I know what you mean, if you are fussy about your kitchen tools (as we are), then its good to go to a store to hold them and check for balance and feel...

Chris is a Wusthoff 'Grand Prix' man, and they always hone up nicely. My Lamson knives as you have seen are made locally and I have stuck with them. As you see, I have the resin rosewood handles which maintain a nice finish at all times while still having a real wood look and feel. You probably noticed that its the OLDEST, still in business cutlery company still running in the USA [Y]

Boxx, Chris gets the olives from WF and the Stop and Shop supermarket where the essentials are shopped for...[;)] We alternate the olives/nosh and salad nights all week (when we are not eating out that is [:)] ) Have you had that wine in your club mix ? I enjoyed that last glass without food = NICE

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoying the photos, more to come tomorrow evening with that mushroom tomato pasta sauce, fingers x'ed ...

..........Gary

Brac, looking forward to seeing that block! Send it along soon...

Boxx, Chris gets the olives from WF and the Stop and Shop supermarket where the essentials are shopped for...Wink We alternate the olives/nosh and salad nights all week (when we are not eating out that is Smile ) Have you had that wine in your club mix ? I enjoyed that last glass without food = NICE

Gary, No.. I haven't had that one yet. I am expecting a new shipment soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Have a good one today. We are keeping an eye on the weather again. It appears that we, along with an area up to Minnesota, will be on the lookout for massive storms again... Hopefully it will pass us by. More later, Boxx

The pasta dish is underway as I type.... Simple ingredients are all incorporated into the CrockPot on low for the rest of the afternoon. Later........the mushroom saute will begin.....A fresh caprese salad with comp. this dish LAST, and a pretty OLD Chianti wine will be tried.......not sure if good, we'll know soon enough [;)]

Stay tuned... photos are recording each step as always..

........G

How about a twist on homemade pizza?

DSC_0002.jpg?t=1334538641

Here we start of our pizza dinner preparation with onions and basil (from the garden) mixed with fresh tomatoes and EVOO. This marinates for about 45 minutes.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeey BOXX! Great to see you posting another fine HOME MADE dinner! Love it, of course, we would leave out the meat portion as you mention. I bet it was wonderful ! Thanks for those [Y] I have seen that vino around, is it a good wine? Well, thats a dumb question, if YOU are enjoying it, then it MUST be good [:D]

Brac - thanks for the photo of your knife drawer! Looks like everything you could ever need is IN there [Y] How about a Santoku or two, or three ???

OK, I am loading up photos from tonight's dinner..............I believe I NAILED it........I will explain more as we go through the photo 'essay' which is coming up NEXT

.............G

Boxx, you will NOT BELIEVE the vino we dug up !!

Ok, here we go..........this pasta sauce is the simplist thing I have ever made. An attempt to re-create a very nice sauce at our local 70+ year old spagetti house uptown. The OWNER came in to the restuarant we were dinning at last night, and I asked about the recipe for the sauce we love. Well, all we got was............."Thats our girl in the kitchen.......we can't give that away" So, I was left on my own....

This photo shows the first ingredients...

OOOPS, NEVER MIND.....................The server must be jambed up. its NOT loading the photos, so, I guess we'll have to wait and try again tomorrow evening.............sorry for the delay.......Well, I got a kitchen to clean up...

Check back again SOON..

........Gary

Sorry Boxx............its just not working for me tonight.... BUT, I really hope you will give it a try once you see it. I will get the amounts for you as well...

Up to the kitchen I go...[:^)]

..........g

Gary, good catch, the wife's favorite knife a santoku, goes in the empty slot.+++++++++++++++++++++++Boxx, the pizza looks great, reminds me how long it's been since I have had any smoked motz, have to get some!