Out with the old and in with the new

Scrappydue

Josh I have never heard the 62's but I can tell you that I spend ALOT of time reading about speakers. And I can say that if your 62's are paid for then the 82's are not going to be that much of an upgrade. Now if you could sell your 62's for say 4-5 hundred I would def say the 63's would be worth the upgrade. I have found lots for right at a grand. However 63's have an upgraded tweeter so they wouldn't be seamless with the center 62 anymore. But hey perfect reason to find a 64, and let me just say that it is amazing!!!

I love my new front sound stage. The suttle details you can hear now over the 82/52 setup is just night and day.

• Moderators

I've never owned the RF-63's so I cannot speak for them but in my setup, adding an amp did improve the bass response from my RF-83's (especially at lower volumes), added detail and musical separation as well as giving me tons of clean power at really high volumes. Definitely let us know your impressions of the XPA-2 to your system. I believe it will be an improvement....maybe not night and day difference but a noticable improvement. Just my opinion.

If your system is in a small room, adding the XPA-2 may not make that much a difference considering the fact that the amp section of your behemoth Onkyo TX-SR805 is so potent. In a midsize to large room is where the XPA-2 will be noticed most IMO. It will free up some of the 805's power so that dialog through your center channel will be more open and detailed.

Bill

If your system is in a small room, adding the XPA-2 may not make that much a difference considering the fact that the amp section of your behemoth Onkyo TX-SR805 is so potent. In a midsize to large room is where the XPA-2 will be noticed most IMO. It will free up some of the 805's power so that dialog through your center channel will be more open and detailed.

Bill

Bill that is what I'm going for! I was gonna get the three channel but got a great deal on this one. And with the extra power I'm looking for more dynamics at a lower volume. And I'm buying all this stuff now while I have a steady paycheck in the military as that is what the wife ordered me to do. After the military I'm done for a while. So I'm planning ahead, for the larger room and higher volumes!

• Moderators

And with the extra power I'm looking for more dynamics at a lower volume.

I believe you will achieve that with a solid amp as the XPA-2.

that is what the wife ordered me to do. After the military I'm done for a while.

Just remember, the wife orders will continue far beyond your military career. [:P] Thank you for serving our country sir.

Hopefully your stand will fit the beast xpa2, when I got mine I failed to account for it being nearly 8" tall, ended up settling for a audio rack until I got my new stand built

I should be good. The onkyo 805 is 8.5" i think. and it still have about an inch and a half of breathing room under the center shelf. and im gonna rearrange it so that the amp and the receiver are on opposing sides so they will have a little extra room to breathe and the less expensive stuff in the middle (dvd, cable box, ps3).

I wish i could find what exact model my bell'o stand is so i could look up the weight limits. cause it's got about 115 for the tv on tope. the rc-64 on the center shelf and then i would say at least 170 on the bottom.