Tx Weather

USNRET

• Moderators

Seen that on the news today, we had alot of lightning last night with 2" of rain and it looks like in a day or so we will get this weather.

Anything but tornado's, well hurricanes are not fun but you do get a warning ahead of time, big difference.

The nursing home on SW Green Oaks is 0.9 miles east of my abode - the one that lost one wing, which is directly across the street from the elementary school that my daughter attended as a child- which was untouched. The strange thing is that there were no tree limbs down in my neighborhood [*-)] Weird. Dallas county really got whacked, especially Lancaster, TX, which seems itself to be a tornado magnet.

However, it was nice and cool last night, which was good since we lost electric power until about 21:00 (...it hit at 14:00). Our local power lines are buried, too...

Chris

• Moderators

Well it got here last night and lated all night with 3" of rain but luckily no high winds ot tornados.

You hate to see what everyone went through in the pictures of where the tornados passed through. Trying to save what little was left of their homes.

It's sad but this pic from the news make you realize how little is left to some houses, and some were much worse.

post-11804-13819692702294_thumb.jpg

Well, having been raised in NE Texas and lived in the DFW area for 20 years as well and surviving (amongst others) the F5 Wichita Falls 'Terrible Tuesday" of 1979, the excitement a bit overrated. Granted, for those in the path of these little twisters it was just as bad as if they were big boys, but when you are used to living in tornado alley after a couple of decades you realize that even if you are seeing one the odds of it actually crossing you are small.

Personally, I've been a Texas weather watcher and lover of great storms for many decades. I recall in the 80's when I lived out on a farm between Denton and Decatur I'd open the doors and windows and play REALLY loud organ music as the storms would sweep in.

Again, for those who've lost much I feel for them, but most of us just keep a weather eye out and go on about our business.

Dave

I took this photo off the TV this afternoon. As you can see we had, and they are still counting, a minimum of 14 tornadoes that touched down on Tuesday.

I live in Ovilla. One F3 touched down just north of my house and traveled through Lancaster. It was on the ground for over 30 minutes.

This was an amazing show of the forces of nature. At one point there were 3 F3's on the ground at the same time.

DSC_0229.jpg?t=1333670324