OT: Scary Halloween makeup! Caution: Graphic!

fini

My youngest daughter loves to do all types of make-up. Here's a special effects experiment she did on a friend. Sorry if anybody wets their pants looking at this. It kinda makes me a little sick, but I'm very proud.

post-3580-1381969288606_thumb.jpg

That is WAY cool. Any links as to how it's done?

Maybe I'll get her to chime in...

That would be awesome. If it wasn't too hard (I'm not very creative/artistic) I have a daughter who'd love that type of make-up for Halloween.

This is fini's daughter. Thanks for all of the compliments! I would be flattered if you posted it and I guess you can credit me, Paloma.

The materials that I used were the following:

-scar wax (used to make fake skin around the eye and cheek)

-fake nail tips (filed down to make teeth)

-red puff paint (to make the muscles)

-rigid colodion to make the scar (you need to be careful with this because the fumes are very strong)

-thread to make the stitches

-fake eyelash adhesive to attach the threads and help the teeth adhere

-vaseline and eyeshadow to mix a brownish red goop to put on the muscles to give definition.

I took just about every idea from this video and added a few little twists, but if yuo watch this you should be able to figure it out.

Let me (or, rather, dad) know if you have any questions and I will answer what I can!

P.S. I'm thinking about doing something new this weekend, so if anything awesome comes of it I'll have dad post it.

this place has all kinds of casting materials and prop supplies.

http://www.smooth-on.com/Special-Effects-an/c1241/index.html

The former electrician at thecollege where I work used to replicate parts that were no longer available. They have all kinds of great casting materials, dragon skin, etc.

I'm with you, Schu. I find it fascinationg, but also disturbing.

Bruce

My youngest daughter loves to do all types of make-up. Here's a special effects experiment she did on a friend. Sorry if anybody wets their pants looking at this. It kinda makes me a little sick, but I'm very proud.

Has your daughter seen Face Off? You might have a reality television star in the making. [:#]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_Off_(TV_series)

http://www.syfy.com/faceoff