Info on a klipsch ht setup

DEATHDEALER

is there anything that can top it?

To answer the specific question, the answer is probably yes. The next question is are you restricting yourself to this lineup? Do you have room for a LaScala as a center? (do you then have the requisite desire & funds & understanding wife?)

I did not know that info about the tweeter on the 64 and that changes things as the rf 7 2 is quite spendy. Whats the diff between the rf7 and rf 7 2

Usually about 1300$. You can find a pair of RF-7's usually between 700-1000 I think. But if you go that route, their matching center is an RC-7. Not sure how well an RC-64 would go with them, but I know the difference isn't huge.

If you go with Pioneer you do not have to worry about tweeter size, or matching any different reference lines with different size drivers. I have a RC 64 matched with RF 7's and RS 35's. The Elite Pioneers's have a timber matching filter and give a very clean sound.

If I pony up to the rf 7 11 towers then what tweeters on the surrounds match the tweeters on the 64 and rf 7 11's and what kind of price would I be looking at?

The recommended surrounds are the RS-64II's but many such as myself have gome with the RS-52II's to save a few bucks. Many people that have heard both stated that there was not that much of a noticeable difference between the two. Also if space is an issue (RS-62II's are huge) the 52's may be a better fit.

As far as price, I suggest you call Mike at Acoustic Sound Design for the best price. I bought my towers and surrounds from them and they are very agressive on pricing and have great customer service.

• Moderators

The recommended surrounds are the RS-64II's

That would be a very intimidating surround speaker. I believe you meant to say RS-52. [;)] The RS-52's have no problem keeping up with my RF-83's which are the equivalent to the RF-7's.

The recommended surrounds are the RS-64II's

That would be a very intimidating surround speaker. I believe you meant to say RS-52. Wink The RS-52's have no problem keeping up with my RF-83's which are the equivalent to the RF-7's.

Yes, I stand corrected. No need to photoshop that one YM.

As a RF-7II owner I can tell you that if you do jump on a pair then you probably will be satisfied....satisfied enough to hold off the upgrade bug for awhile....when I first got the 7s they did sound a little bright but have warmed up nicely over this past year. Sounds great for 2 channel music as well even tho you already have a 2 ch setup. My 7s are paired with a Harman Receiver and an Integra Amp. Another option for your surrounds would be floorstanders. Sometimes you can find better deals on floorstanders than on bookshelf or true surround speakers. I have a pair of RF-25s as my surrounds and while it isn't the recommended wide dispersion design it still sounds great and the sound still envelops me. Just another option if you have the room. But yes the RS-52s should be fine. My parents have the 42s and those are amazingly loud as well so I can only imagine how loud the 52s and 62s are.

Look up the RF-82 Home Theater set on Klipsch website. Alot cheaper than the RF-7II Home Theater set, but I will venture a guess that it sounds wonderful. If you wait and look around for deals, the people on the forum are very good at helping you. I have bought my Onkyo and RF-7's from members here in just the past couple of month's, everybody has been very professional to deal with.

Yes the 82s sound great too! They have a nice soundstage and dynamics but if you go with an 82 setup don't listen to the 7s....I had an 82 setup in my theater room but moved them back to the bedroom once I got the 7s and yes the 7s blew them away....nonetheless the 63s are good speakers as well. And since you can't get the 64 center then yes your next step would be the 82 iis that were suggested unless you can find a great deal on a regular 82 setup or a rf 63 or rf 83 system....the 63s and 83s were the flagship speakers of last generation and though they are hard to find when they do pop up its usually for an outstanding deal. My parents have the RF-62 setup and it sounds surprisingly good as well but it does lack a little presence but will still blow just about any comparable system out the water. It still has that movie theater feel and sounds great and thats with one RW-10d. But of course the bigger you go the more presence the speakers will have and they will be more in your face. 62s would be the smallest I would go though. As others have said though if you keep an eye out on audiogon, the garage sale section of this forum, and even ebay and craigslist then you're bound to find a great deal on some used stuff. Thats actually how I got my 82 setup.....all used stuff from this forum and ebay. Heck you will probably even find a good deal on a 7 ii setup....enough of a deal that your wife doesn't mind. But I'm done blabbing

Going used is a nice way to justify spending to the wife. If you have room for RF 82's you have room for the RF 7's. My RF 7's sit where my VF 36's did and no real difference in the footprint. I like my 7's but I also miss my Icon VF 36's, also a great speaker. I think WAF was more with the RC 64 than with the7's[:)]