Got a RC-64, looking for RF-63 or RF-83, but...

eagle98

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Sounds almost like you say heck no don't drive that far then turn around and say go for it lol.

I thought it was pretty clear..." I definitely would not do it for a 10hr trip, maybe not even a 5hr trip. ". I guess "maybe" should have been "probably". In other words, it definitely is not the deal of the century to be driving 5 - 10hrs for a pair that has cosmetic issues.

Best of luck to both of you if you decide to work out a deal together.

I thought it was pretty clear..." I definitely would not do it for a 10hr trip, maybe not even a 5hr trip. ". I guess "maybe" should have been "probably". In other words, it definitely is not the deal of the century to be driving 5 - 10hrs for a pair that has cosmetic issues.

I went 17 hrs round trip for mine, thankfully they were flawless as described [Y] and as gas prices go it is the equivilent of making a 5 hour trip now... [:@]

Good luck on striking a deal for the 83s

There are definitely few and far between on the market

• Moderators

I went 17 hrs round trip for mine

Wow, that's dedication. I think my wife would want to put me in a nut house if I told her I needed to make a 17hr round trip for speakers. LOL I know there are plenty of guys that do though.

Let us know if it works out between you guys. I always like seeing forum members meet up, put a name to a face, check out each other's gear. Many times, it just ends up being a great experience and a win/win for both parties.

I've read over that a few times and I'm still somehow missing the joke. LOL What did I miss?

icon-quote.gifYouthman:
"I can tell you that USNRET is a reputable member here"

I think he is saying that you must be drinkingDrinksDrinksDrinks to make a comment like that.Wink

Bill

Well some people can tell a joke and some can't. Consider the -83/-64 combo sold to a Houston resident pending a meet and pay.
I wonder what TV speakers sound like, it's been a while.

I got the 83s and the 64 from USNRET today.

That was a pretty easy drive to get what I've been wanting.

I set them up and they sound amazing!!

I'm using my old Bose acoustimass subwoofer for bass right now, and even with that little POS, the system sounds frickin sweet!

I need a real subwoofer now.

Thanks.

I'll post pics when I get everything set up. I still need some surrounds. The RS-7s were a bit too big for my walls.

Anyone got some old RS-62s or RS-52s they want to sell me?

Eagle

That was a pretty easy drive to get what I've been wanting.

I set them up and they sound amazing!!

Congratz! Those were soooo close to coming to Albuquerque once upon a time. I'm glad they found a good home!

I need a real subwoofer now.

I'll post pics when I get everything set up. I still need some surrounds. The RS-7s were a bit too big for my walls.
Anyone got some old RS-62s or RS-52s they want to sell me?

Eagle

Congrats on the 83s, make sure to get a beast of a sub [6]

If the rs7s are to big your in for a problem with 52s or 62s both are quite big and 62s should be about 2x larger than 7s