During our weekend visit from Dr. Who & Michael Hurd...

picky

On our shopping forray with the boys today, we stopped at Best Buy and asked their audio department to please recommend to us their BEST stereo headphones and a CD for us to audtion them with that would really push the headphones to their limits. Hence: Hello Kitty headphones and DEADMAU5... - Glenn

post-10177-13819801427472_thumb.jpg

Here in our office, Doc is busy trying to solder the CMOS battery of my laptop back onto the circuit board. For no apparent, the CMOS battery mount's solder joints suddenly decided to let go. One new soldering iron and some 22 gauge hookup wire from Radio Shack and Mission Accomplished! Thanks, Doc! -Glenn

post-10177-13819801437766_thumb.jpg

LOL No, Best Buy really didn't recommend anything to us. We simply went there to buy some Dub Step CD's for Doc and to get an Adele DVD. When we walked through BB's winding, check-out line, we spotted the Hello Kitty headphones on the shelf along with the other last-minute, marketing push items and decided the pair them up with some hard core Dub Step for the photo. I actually became aware of deadmau5 (Deadmouse) on my own a little over a year ago and knew that I liked some of his work. But Doc wanted to introduce me to Dub Step so he bought the deadmau5 and Skrillex so we could see how my Reference system performed with it. The results were pretty amazing as my room easily goes down to 13 Hz. I may pick up these CDs in the near future. I like some of the cuts on them. There are a few that; not so much. This morning, Verna asked me, "After you guys finished watching the Peter Gabriel concert last night around 3 am, what on EARTH was that crap you guys were playing?? It was SO repetitive!" Doc, Hurd and I got a huge laugh out of that! LOL. Great times with my bros! We were sorry to see them leave for Canada this morning. I want to thank them for a great weekend together. It's been a blast! Thanks for coming out you guys! Have a safe trip! -Glenn

Left to right below: Michael Hurd, Picky, Dr. Who:

post-10177-13819801483412_thumb.jpg

BTW: The Dead Mouse you see caught in the trap on the notebook monitor above is real: Doc had the little rascal running around his house the other day and he and Hurd set a trap and got it. Natrually, being the fellow deviate that he is, Hurd thought it would a great idea to shoot some closeups of it. "Gross", you say? Trust me: We spared showing you the gross ones! LOL -Glenn

• Moderators

OK not knowing anything about this kind of music I listened to more than half of that CD. [:o]

I know Doc and Michael are a little to young to have been in many of those clubs back then but................................I will go out and just say it.......it sounds like DISCO, industrial strength but still disco.

Listening to it, all I kept thinking was disco, the beat and rhythm is right, thought I was having flashbacks. [:S]

I did like it, how could you not like a strong beat like that, it but I can see where Mrs Verna got the repetitiveness thought, she is right after a few songs they kind of blend together.

Still beats the smell out of rap any day. [:P]

In my old opinion. [:$]

I never thought much of rap, until I recently started listening to this duo from South Africa. They've become very popular in the last couple of years.

Die Antwoord - Baby's on Fire: http://www.clipcartel.com/DIE-ANTWOORD-BABYS-ON-FIRE-OFFICIAL-Video.3618.html

Oh gawd I have secretly been a Die Antwoord fan for a year. They are not so good live but their videos are crazzed.

I first learned of them just a few months ago. I laughed when one reviewer described Yo-Landi as "a space elf from the future". They are a lot of fun, and they're so over the top because they're pulling our legs a bit.

Have you seen their latest, XPEN$IVE $H1T? The current video for it shows just the lyrics, but it's a great sing-along number.