Since summer is almost here...

still using the charbroiler i acquired from girlfriend 10 yrs ago. she stuck me w/ her half of the counseling

sessions so i kept the grill at my place. cwm6.gif

i was at the klipsch dealer poking around today & saw some huge rocks sitting on a cart. turns out they're outdoor speakers - rockoustics. they didn't have them wired but imagine the resonance is nil. these things are big, solid rocks w/ speakers in 'em. said they also have bird feeder speakers. cook 'em good. Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Soundjunkie said:

"What will you be cooking your favorite steak on?"

Grilling here is a year round thing. If there's not 6" or more snow on the ground, the grill is in operation. I use a gas unit installed next to the deck.

The real fun begins when traveling for the summer concert season - the 18x12 inch portable grill goes along for those trips. When one can prepare the full spread on one of these (BBQ ribs, corn in the shuck, baked beans, sauteed/grilled mushrooms) you have achieved the status of grillmeister. Not to mention the accolades from your traveling companions, who would not have eaten so well on the road otherwiseSmile.gif

Here's a secret weapon: Get a bottle of red wine and vinegar dressing - there's several bottled varieties that work fine, or make your own. Get a tupperware or disposable container and drop 4-6 steaks in it, along with the dressing. Drop it in a cooler or fridge and let 'em soak as long as possible - I do this in the morning before the big game or show. Grill 'em!

This message has been edited by dndphishin on 06-10-2002 at 10:27 PM

My family will be using our Viking Grill.

53gasgrill_large.jpg

Commercial-Type Cooking Power

25,000 BTU stainless steel grill burners produce intense searing heat across entire grilling surface

Extra-deep sealed burner box keeps heat contained in burner area, allowing easier temperature maintenance

Rotisseries are standard on all models; the rotisserie system consists of a 15,000 BTU Gourmet-Glo infrared rear burner, a heavy-duty rotisserie motor, stainless steel 1/2" rotisserie rod, and two rotisserie forks

The infrared burner is a reliable, electronically ignited one-piece design

The rotisserie rod is mounted on a ball-bearing rod support that provides smooth rotating action, and the rod is fully enclosed within the grill, a Viking exclusive feature

The rotisserie motor assembly is supported by a rigid mount and is easily attached and removed from the grill for hassle-free cooking and storage

No counter balance required due to heavy-duty rotisserie system

Removable smoker tray accommodates wood chips or large wood chunks

Hinged smoker tray design allows easy operation when adding smoker chips

12,500 BTU burner underneath can be adjusted for maximum smoking performance

The smoker tray can be replaced with grilling grate for use of entire grill surface

Push-button electronic ignition powered by a 9-volt battery provides a positive, consistent, and continuous spark for easy grill lighting

Stainless steel flavor-generator plates catch drippings, generate smoke, minimize flare-ups, and allow for better heat control

Perforated design allows heat to spread quickly and evenly across entire surface

Burner flames are visible through perforations, allowing user to visually monitor heat output and adjust to the desired level

Stainless steel warming rack - reinforced by stainless steel rack supports - can easily be adjusted to three different positions, allowing use of additional accessory racks

Thermometer located on canopy indicates the best zones for warming, smoking, and grilling

Solid Viking Construction

Built from thick sheets of rugged, heavy-duty stainless steel

Double wall construction insulates hood to help keep heat inside and provides for a cooler sidewall

Hood is slightly slanted to prevent water from accumulating on top of the grill and provides a sleek style that is synonymous with the Viking name

No exposed rotisserie slot to take away from strength of sidewall or allow the escape of precious heat

All models can be built into any type of enclosure without the need of an insulated jacket - a Viking exclusive

Stainless steel landing ledge with solid, welded, seamless finish

No assembly required

Easy Maintenance and Cleanup

New and improved grease management system consists of full-width removable stainless steel drip tray with individual removable trays within the main tray

The exclusive "trays within a tray" design channels liquids to the precise drip tray location, providing easy cleanup because the liquids are contained

Stainless steel ball-bearing rollers provide smooth opening of the drip tray, while roller stops prevent tray from falling out

Extra heavy-duty cooking grids are porcelain-coated to prevent food from easily sticking to them; the virtual non-stick surface creates optimal cooking areas, while also creating an easy-to-clean surface

Burners are equipped with stainless steel drip guards to combat burner clog and to aid grease management by channeling the liquids to the drip tray, which assists in flare-up control

The VGBQ also includes the following feature on select models

Side burners - a double configuration 15,000 BTU side burner is available on 41" and 53" wide models

Heavy-duty fully porcelain-coated removable "V" grates provide continuous front-to-rear surface for easy movement of large pots

Removable stainless steel grate support with separately removable stainless steel burner bowls enhances cleanability

Removable stainless steel cover adds further burner protection from the elements

Exclusive Finishes

Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Viking Blue (VB), Forest Green (FG), and Graphite Gray (GG)

Color finish designates hood only

May be ordered with Brass Trim Option (BR) for nameplate, knob bezels, and handle/brackets

Grill carts available in Stainless Steel (SS); may be ordered with Brass Trim Option (BR) for handle/brackets

Super-durable, long-lasting brass finish on handle/brackets

All other brass components have a durable protective coating

All parts designed for maintenance-free normal use

Warranty Highlights

One-year full covers complete unit - in-home repairs

Five-year limited - infrared rotisserie burner(s) and grill grates

Lifetime limited - rust through on all stainless steel components including burners

s>

Oh, behold the wonders of having a Viking dealer in the family Smile.gif This grill is sweet! We got it about two months ago, weighs a ton. Goes well with our Viking fridge and range. (also behold having a chef for a mom Smile.gif)

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Justin, there are words for people who put up posts like that...Smile.gif

+=+=+

Well, we got sick of the S600 and the 760Li, so we got a F1 and F50, after that...Smile.gif

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Moon- the pic is actually from last year after it's assembly at the summer place. We have since acquired it's side burner and it doesn't quite look as shiny and new as it does here, although it won't rust out like the last 4 rebuilds. That's a good thing!cwm1.gif Boa-she's gone, you have the grill...sounds like you made out! cwm12.gif T_G- NO DOUBT...EVERYTHING tastes better on a grille. I use mine for Thanksgiving dinner. 25lb GARLIC impregnated BIG BIRD sprinkled with rosemary in a LARGE foil covered deep roasting pan and in 3 hours' time the meat falls off of the bone, YUM. cwm15.gif dndphishin-I'll have to give the recipe a go. When you get a chance, try mine with white wine vinegar, virgin olive oil and coarsely crushed black peppercorn. The longer it stays...the spicier it gets. cwm32.gif Justin?-No trailer hitch? ROFLMAO! cwm27.gif DOUG, DOUG, DOUG. You creature of comfort you.cwm11.gif

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 06-11-2002 at 02:26 AM

after looking, we have the 43ish inch model, the larger one is in my uncles show room (same uncle who has the custom cabinet company, helping with the Universit Horns... Smile.gif).

we also have one of those massive smokers (no, not Rosanne). I mean, come on! I live in Texas, you just gotta be able to roast a whole cow in one smoker Smile.gif

my friends parents own a meat market. they have a 1700 square foot smoker.... mostly for jerky type food, but they do hams and turkeys in there to give them flavor before they are sold to be fully cooked.

at our house in River Oaks we have one of those built in grills. I like that one a lot, except it is really close to our fountain in the atrium and if you leave the lid open and have something like hamburger buns toasting on the grill, the top of the buns gets soggy from the spray of the fountain, you would think we would have thought of that before having it intalled... Well, once again, we are Texans. hehe, joking of course. TEXANS RULE Smile.gif (I also like Illinois and California and North Carolina and New York and 45 other stats and Puerto Rico Smile.gif) Note state hate in me... except montana... this guy there named Peter stole my identity and got the prizes I had won in an essay contest including a PDA and MP3 Player. It took over a year to prove that I was Justin Scott, but they did nothing (nor did I, stupid me) to Peter in Montana... is'nt that a federal offense? I would hope so. Wow, I must be the king of OT. Smile.gif (and smilies LoL)

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

I have a Weber Genesis Silver B that gets a lot of use. I do everything on it including whole chickens (bought the Rotisserie attachment), fish (using the fryer attachment), ribs and everything in between. I love to take some red potatoes and cut them up, throw in some mushrooms, onions, green and red peppers, salt, pepper, butter and garlic, and wrap it up in tin foil and just throw it in the back of the grill. Turn it over once in a while and by the time the steaks are done, you've got yourself a meal. Smile.gif

Mike

This is what I have:

http://www.bbq-grill-smokers.com/1bronelg.JPG

This is what I want:

http://www.pigroast.com/model48p.htm

I cook something most every weekend.

cwm12.gif

------------------

Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.0

Phono Preamp - Parasound PPH-100

Receiver - H/K AVR-210

DVD - Sony DVP-S360

TV - RCA 31"

Mains - KLF-20

Center - KLF-C7

Surrounds - Optimus Pro LX-10 (LOL, soon to be replaced)

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW160

Reinforcement - JBL 4638

At the Rex house, we grill 5 out of 7, rain, snow, or sun. This includes the T-Giving day bird, the Christmas prime rib roast and the Easter ham. The unit of choice continues to be the tried and true....some would say 'vintage' Weber Kettle. For large 'git togethers', we break out additional Webers. For exceptionally large groups, we bust out the Brinkman Pitmaster 2K. This is a sizeable unit kind of employing the '55 gallon drum on it's side' theory and works great for slow cooking and maintaining warmth.

I want to build a smokehouse next. Anyone out there have a decent set of plans? Would like a walk-in sized smoker.

------------------

Ed

Since summer is almost here. You have to be kidding me.

Much to hot down here for grilling now. That's a winter thing. It's been in the mid. 90's for sometime now. My pool water temp. is 85 degrees. it's like taking a bath.

I hate summer down here. I can't wait for winter.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

This message has been edited by Q-Man on 06-11-2002 at 03:54 PM

i agree. in texas summer normally would have started a few months ago haha. but in houston it started about 3 days ago and i liked the cool spring we had earlier. at nights it is terrific, but during the day the air is so humid you could cut it with a knife and the heat so hot that it... well it is really hot heat Smile.gif glad we have a pool, i would be lost with out it.

lucky me! i am flying to colorado this week and then a short day trip to chicago (my fav city in america!). i will also be able to go to california (sacramento). My parents are selling one of two houses on Green Haven Drive, wanna buy the other? haha. not really, i love that house. then i will go to the wine valley to my grandfathers cottage by the russian river. after that i should be going back to the cayman islands to help my uncle move into his new house. then back to houston... summer is too short.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

Kenratboy-

Yes, we all adore Justin but......my thoughts exactly!
cwm30.gif

?cwm6.gifcwm2.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support