Who has file pics of HDBRbuilder's Heresys? Bob Crites, do you?

HDBRbuilder

Know what Clueless did while I was in the combat theater in the desert?  First, she regularly sent her home-made munchies to us...then I started getting hand-knitted afghans from her and handing them out to the fellow soldiers for their bunks...they really helped out a lot...they were considered prized possessions and war trophies and I am sure all of them were sent home by the troops who got them!  She also sent things like tinactin and such...pretty much anything I told her we couldn't get over there.  WHAT A GAL!

• Like 1

Hey folks, it's been awhile, but I am finally back...I'll be around on and off as I prepare to go into semi-retirement. Does anybody have the pics I posted years ago of my birch HDBL Heresys? The ones that look like flames on the front and habe the black metal grilles over the woofers?

Bob Crites, didn't you have those pics saved somewhere?

Please let me know if any of you have those pics somewhere...thanks!

Andy

Did they look like these? Best regards Moray James. PS theses are my kind of good looking HIP Heresy ought to look like this. Beautiful woulds love a pair of these cabinets.

post-44375-0-46880000-1428539669_thumb.j

post-44375-0-97640000-1428539732_thumb.j

post-44375-0-36240000-1428539755_thumb.j

Edited by moray james
  • Like 1

Heresy Industrial Slant Monitors (HISM) is what those are with the metal trim, Moray. Mine were just HDBL speakers with an industrial Heresy motorboard (what the grill is attached to) added by Gwin Cox, to keep my adopted cat from clawing the woofers. HIP are Heresy Industrial PORTED.

• Like 2

By the way, it was LIKELY me who built those industrial slants too, since hardly anybody else did it...but the trim would probably hide any builder initials that were put on them.  Most of the slants were either painted textured black or glassed black.  Very few were made like that...what happened to them after I built the boxes was unknown to me for the most part.  Judy Harris ended up with the most beautiful HDBL Heresys that I ever built, IMHO....I wonder if she still has them?  I actually gave her the panels I was saving for myself, because she liked them and wanted her speakers a few months before I got mine. The grain and colors of hers were pretty wild...and you could get lost trying to figure out what colors did and did not fall into the grain patterns...something VERY rare in birch!

• Like 1

I had a Zebrawood (Lacquer) Heresy made when you worked there, did you see it?

I was told that at that time I was the only person that had ordered a Heresy in Zebrawood.

The guy owned Klipschorns (Walnut, Lacquer), and wanted the Heresy for his TV!

• Like 1

Well hey there Andy . I'm still around a lot of us been through a lot since you last on. I got a liver transplant. A few have went to the big sound system cloud. Welcome back . The HK I bought with your help still going strong my sons is not so good needs work but hey they lasted what 38 years can not ask for much more huh. Rick..........How Wude..lol

• Like 1

Andy

Here's the tags from the 77 CWs I picked up today

Mark

The top signature is the person who did the final assembly on the speakers, the bottom is Mr. Bradford, who tested them in the testing booth before they were boxed up in shipping.

Looking at rear of the cabinets, on the back edge of the side to your left, but about 3/4 to one inch down from the top, ther will be (normally) two letters stamped side by side and one either above or below them. The pair of stamped letters are the builders, with lead builder being the left letter. The solo letter above or below the pair is the code for the sander of the cabinets after they left the cabinet shop and before they went for finishing. My letter is "A".

• Like 1