Who has file pics of HDBRbuilder's Heresys? Bob Crites, do you?

HDBRbuilder

Hey folks, it's been awhile, but I am finally back...I'll be around on and off as I prepare to go into semi-retirement. Does anybody have the pics I posted years ago of my birch HDBL Heresys? The ones that look like flames on the front and habe the black metal grilles over the woofers?

Bob Crites, didn't you have those pics saved somewhere?

Please let me know if any of you have those pics somewhere...thanks!

Andy

• Like 1

No, Bob...I still have them, just no PICS of them. They are in storage at the moment along with most of what I own, so it isn't feasible to dig thru everything to try to get a pic. Thanks for posting this! I am about to be semi-retired soon, and have some nifty surprises in mind for the forumites to drool over...and some business for you, too!

Andy

• Like 2

hey Andy, one of my 79 cornwalls ( ramblin rose ) has AS stamped on the back and the other one has JAS could be you???

welcome back and hope all is well. those heresy decorators are so hot you have to keep a fire extinguisher next to them

Budman, "ramblin rose" is one of the rarest veneers used for any Klipsch speaker. It was a man-made veneer in that the logs were dyed instead of naturally colored that way, prior to being sliced into veneer. There were never many speaker cabinets made with it at any time, and after Bob Moers left there was never anymore brought in, from what I remember, anyway. It's grain/color was always a bit LOUD to me, but some folks raved over it!

Your Cornwalls were likely built by Steve and I...and the "J" likely was Judy Clayton back in the sanding room, before she went over to final assembly/testing. In 1979 I was lead builder on the vast majority of Cornwalls built, so that is probably my "A" on them. The "J" on them probably looks like it is stamped DEEPER than the "A" and "S" were stamped but that is really because the back edges were sanded after the builder stamps were done and the sander's stamp was after the sanding was finished.

Mitered speaker panels were made flush at the pre-veneered front edges/corners, and sometimes the back edges were not quite flush with each other at the rear corner joints, so the sander's belt sander solved that problem! And sometimes that "solution" would obliterate the builders' stamps or make them very faint to see...so...the sander's stamp almost always looked deeper/fresher than those of the builder(s).

Whose names are on the labels on the rear panels of your Cornwalls? My guess would be Judy Harris or Gwin Cox, did the final assembly(inspected by)...and Mr. Bradford the testing, but I think Gwin and Judy were also doing some of the testing then.

Glad to see you are still around here, Dee. It appears that many of the old regulars aren't anymore...I miss some of them!

Andy

I miss you too, Andy.[;)]

Many of the old-timers rarely post anymore but it's always nice to see a legend such as yourself reappear.

I do hope all is well and that your back isn't giving you too much trouble from hauling around those Heritage speakers for so many years. Also, in case you were wondering, the Zebrawood Cornwalls you built for me all those years ago are still as beautiful as the day they left the showroom floor.

Really good to hear from you again. Take care.

- Gary

Glad to see you are still around here, Dee. It appears that many of the old regulars aren't anymore...I miss some of them!

Andy

Andy,

Many of the old regulars are here but remain in the back ground these days. (we met at Father Dee's in '04) Seems so long ago, but just like yesterday. Glad that you are back home safe. Look for a PM.

tc

Yeah, I'd LOVE to see Clueless pop in here...I and a number of others owe her bigtime! I may just start a thread about what she did, even tho she wouldn't want it known...she is that way about the nice things she does! When was the last time anybody saw her on the forum?

I thought she was actually on here sometime in the past couple of months.

Bruce