KP-250's and bass bins ARE SOLD.

CECAA850

Were losing him, were losing. Clear...............................................

Duder - some might say I've been lost for years. I'm not just crazy, I'm sure I'd have no trouble proving it. Embarrassed

No No I love it, makes feel like I am not the only one that is nuts at times. Good thing I don't type as well cause there cant be 2 H.M. Murdock flying this plain[;)].

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were losing him, were losing. Clear...............................................

Duder - some might say I've been lost for years. I'm not just crazy, I'm sure I'd have no trouble proving it. Embarrassed

No No I love it, makes feel like I am not the only one that is nuts at times. Good thing I don't type as well cause there cant be 2 H.M. Murdock flying this plainWink.

I'm sure I can prove that I'm a nut ... 2 H. M. Murdock?

And if the kid at church would've mentioned this... but they probably don't have a vehicle to haul these beasts. I think I could fit in Grand Caravan. I think. I'd have to measure but with all seats stowed away it holds a lot. He probably bought his speakers and other equipment closer to tax time. Not sure what all he spent $1500 of his parents tax check on. But man these will provide really greate sound and POUNDING bass.. I loved these when you put them out there. So I'm thinking somehow maybe I have to have them at that price... thinking outside the box... Not sure one could build the bass cabs for 8 c notes.

Now to help Ryan (his real name) be a legal DJ. I think he and has family didn't realize you need to pay licensing fees when you play music for hire. Performers and songwriters need to be paid.

Bit of a back track and damage control so hoped I didn't hurt their feeling when I commented about Pyle Pro being entry level. Should be ok at least for what they paid for it but I think they said the cheapest they could find. Ryan has no clue about crossovers and thing but it sounds like his 1000 watt Pyle Pro amplifier is connects to the subs and then the subs to the speakers so crossovers in the subs. I'm not sure he really knows. Time to educate the boy. He does carry around the wireless mic at church for praise the Lord things and prayer requests.

He also said somebody in one of the music stores said iTunes is great place to get music so he has a monthly subscription. Maybe they have a DJ subscription but I'd think it would require special iTunes software to track and pay the royalties. Also, my daughter's iTunes account defaulted to 128 kbps and I couldn't figure out how to change it. If mp3 it needs to be the highest bit rate and I'd recommend Apple lossless if going with Apple. Pro grear, at least the really good pro gear, will reveal less than hoped for sound quality. I'm pretty sure I can hear differences if I really listen. I often play CDs even to work to as I think they sound better than my mp3. My mp3 encoded with Creative's sliding... 60% to begin with and then 100%. Better than 128 kbps but maybe should've just set to max 320? But does save some space.

I suspect with DJ from laptop software will probably keep track of that? Will ask in PRO section. Of course how many DJ's are legal? I hope all but I'm sure many are not. Reality check. Don't want you getting sued.

Wow, log off for a couple hours and see what happens. I think there were a couple questions in all those misc. ramblings.

Yes, $800.00 is for all 4 pieces. I need these gone and I didn't want to haggle. Anyone who would offer me less would be ignored. I've got WAY more than that invested in them.

Power, I currently have a Behringer EP-4000 running the bass bins. If memory serves me right, those drivers could take a bridged EP-4000 apiece but I have no idea why you'd need it. I use a QSC GX-3 on the tops.

Bedliner material. It's hard to tell from the pics, but I built the cabs, then built a 2x4 frame for the bottom of the boxes so I could screw the casters into the 2x4's as opposed to mounting them directly to the MDF. I figured it would be stronger that way and have less chance to pull out. The frame was made flush to the MDF and is seamless to the eye. The top and all 4 sides have been sprayed with bedliner. The bottom has 2 coats of flat black paint.

I have a brother that lives in Tyler TX (not too far from Dallas) that I visit from time to time. It wouldn't be hard to get them there if need be but he has no way to transport them from there. I'll actuall be there on the 10'th of next month.

I'd like to avoid pay pal if possible and their commissions. I would however take a personal check. I have many forum references if needed and a 100% rating on e-bay. Dee has even bought an amp from me.

Carl

Congratulations to whoever bought these. Awesome party speakers. MusicMusicMusicCoolMusicMusicMusic

They really are.

I'm sure the new owner will chime in eventually.

It was I, Looking at shipping to Portland Or. Just too far to drive. Although I would like to meet Carl & his family for good clean fun! [Y] Quite excited to get these set up. Out side with the wife's fountions in the summer, and in my shop in the winter. Live in semi rural are so I should not have many neighbors complain. [:D].....Taz

Congratulations to whoever bought these. Awesome party speakers. MusicMusicMusicCoolMusicMusicMusic

They really are.

I'm sure the new owner will chime in eventually.

It was I, Looking at shipping to Portland Or. Just too far to drive. Although I would like to meet Carl & his family for good clean fun! Yes Quite excited to get these set up. Out side with the wife's fountions in the summer, and in my shop in the winter. Live in semi rural are so I should not have many neighbors complain. Big Smile.....Taz

For the moment.... [:|] Hopefully they will understand... [:#]

I'll play some 1812 overture. One of his choices when he visited,so he should be Happy, A few hundred yard away so it should not be too loud? The closer neighbor Is much younger and I expect he will be more tolerant. Have pulled his friends out of the ditch more than once. Made no complaint when he went off the road and through my pasture fence. Darn lucky he did not roll his PU. He never did help repair the fence [^o)]. Oh well,have since built new fence.....................Taz

I'll play some 1812 overture. One of his choices when he visited,so he should be Happy, A few hundred yard away so it should not be too loud? The closer neighbor Is much younger and I expect he will be more tolerant. Have pulled his friends out of the ditch more than once. Made no complaint when he went off the road and through my pasture fence. Darn lucky he did not roll his PU. He never did help repair the fence Hmm. Oh well,have since built new fence.....................Taz

Looking at your avitar, if you were my neighbor and playign music too loud, I'd probably not make too much of a fuss. [:#]

A few hundred yards will not be too loud. Doesn't doubling the distance reduce the volume by half or something like that? You should be fine.

Should not be a problem at all. Volume loses 6db when distance is doubled.

Unfortunately my neighbors are too close to benefit from that reduction at the levels I listen at.[:P]