is it newegg or fedex??

Scrappydue

ok guys i recently ordered a pair of klipsch wf-35 in espresso from newegg. and hey, you guessed it. they showed up to my father's house destroyed. they delivery truck driver was just gonna leave them with no signature, and alos was rude and impatient with my dad when he asked if he could call me and see if i wanted him to refuse the packages or not. i have already made calls to newegg, and got everything straightened out with them that i could, and also got delivery drivers boss on the phone and told him how proud i am to be in the military defending his drivers right to be a prick to my father. hope he gets fired. i am sure there are people out there that could use his job that have a bit more courtesy. anyways. i have read all the horror stories with the rw-12d's from that place. and i have lived a couple of the horror stories myself. the rb-61's showed up damaged. cost 100 to the seller for new woofers. and the wf-34 boxes showed up damaged but luckily the speakers were fine. so my question is do you think it is newegg shipping out somewhat damaged product already or is ups really that bad? i mean i need some towers for my 2 channel rig and wf-35's at 540$ is hard to beat without going used. should i order again and take my chances or should i just say screw newegg and ups and look elsewhere?

Try three Velodyne HGS 18II dropped from so high up that the motor structur (magnet) sheared in half on all three back when these units were $1600 to $1800 each used. I've had UPS destroy two sub woofers, Fedex destroyed one, and DHL destroyed a Velodyne HGS-10. The only shipper I have used that has not destroyed stuff yet is the good old USPS. If at all possible I drive and pick up any more. And if they did not pack it they try to blame it on insufficient packing, even if it is double boxed in the orriginal box it has to survive a drop from 4 feet, no accountability what so ever!

Roger

I have had speakers and amps delivered via FedEx and UPS wihtout problems. I think it is just the luck of the draw. The way my RC 64 was boxed, I was surprised that it was not damaged. I like using Vann's electronics.com, fast delivery and reasonable prices.

It's not the luck of the draw on how they treat you when they screw up! On one of the two that UPS destroyed, it was delivery signature confirmation and the driver forged my signature and left it sit outside (He knew it was destroyed, he probably did it) and they still fought not to pay the insurance claim!

Roger

I cant stand ups its so bad its criminal lol. But fedex

has always been good for me so far. Sorry to hear about your speakers.

Ditto. Never had a problem with a FedEx delivery to date, 80# amps or anything else, although ill cross my fingers. UPS on the other hand has delivered many a damaged package to my house.

i have already made calls to newegg, and got everything straightened out with them that i could, and also got delivery drivers boss on the phone and told him how proud i am to be in the military defending his drivers right to be a *** to my father.

I think more need to do this. A few negligent employees at UPS could potentially drive up shipping costs for everyone in the country looking to do their business online. It's really disappointing how someone could be destructive, especially as you said, there are so many unemployed people out there that would be happy to take the job and actually do it well.

It's not the luck of the draw on how they treat you when they screw up! On one of the two that UPS destroyed, it was delivery signature confirmation and the driver forged my signature and left it sit outside (He knew it was destroyed, he probably did it) and they still fought not to pay the insurance claim!

I can imagine the nightmare of having to deal with a company that is out of town or out of the state and the foregin call centers. Somehow it is always the consumer that is inconvienced and comes up on the short end of the stick.

A few negligent employees at UPS could potentially drive up shipping costs for everyone in the country looking to do their business online.

Right on. Taking into consideration the level of automation at their distribution hubs, the potential impact of one or two errant employees at the local level could be profound.

If at all possible I drive and pick up any more.

Roger

A-friggan-men! When it comes to big ticket items like speakers and TVs and expensive electronics, I will try as much as I can to find it locally so I can go and get it myself, even if I have to drive a couple of hours through $#!++y traffic to get it (like I had to to get my Pioneer Elite N-50 unit - had to drive up to Maryland to find the closest dealer that carried these things). I've seen to many horror stories on here of perfectly good speakers and electronics getting destroyed in the shipping process. Still, even with that, I sometimes have to entrust the shipping for various reasons. I was quite nervous to entrust my $3,800 digital music server to FedEx to send it in to Elan to get it repaired a couple of years ago (the hard drive in it died). Thankfully, it came back in perfect condition although I was not happy to learn that the delivery person just left it on my front porch in plain site for all the world to see and possibly steal. At least my neighbor across the street saw it and took it in her house for safekeeping until I got home from work. Was funny that as soon as I pulled in my driveway, she comes out of her house and shouts for me that there is a package for me "and it is friggan heavy too!"

Yeah he was just gonna leave them on my porch without a signature even though I payed for signature required. And here's the kicker my dad refused them. Ups knew and so did newegg, and a different driver tried to deliver one of them again today. So now one got refused a second time. One is sitting in Kansas at ups and the other is almost back to newegg. What a freakin nightmare. I'm thinking I might just pass on the newegg and the wf-35's. I'm gonna go look at some magnepans tomorrow.