my HT is finally done!!!

Shrader1

Sharder1: Congratulations on completing such a beautiful and inviting home theater. I'm impressed by the room dimensions and only wish my home was large enough to have built our theater more to that size. Great minds think alike, as we also have a wet-bar at the rear of our HT along with a bathroom. Nice job all the way around! -Glenn

congrats, that room is awesome and i have the same HT seats in the same configuration. BUT

huge room-huge screen. you need huge speakers. sorry i can't help myself

i see k-horns in your future. or lascalas /belles/ cornwalls

my room is 20x27 and i had k-horns/lascala center /belles rear for 20 years. it was the best.

fast forward 20 yrs. sold all and downsized to rf-83/64/52's. today rf-7ii's/64ii/52's have them for sale and going back to k-horns or lascalas

congrats, that room is awesome and i have the same HT seats in the same configuration. BUT

huge room-huge screen. you need huge speakers. sorry i can't help myself

i see k-horns in your future. or lascalas /belles/ cornwalls

my room is 20x27 and i had k-horns/lascala center /belles rear for 20 years. it was the best.

fast forward 20 yrs. sold all and downsized to rf-83/64/52's. today rf-7ii's/64ii/52's have them for sale and going back to k-horns or lascalas

wish I had some money left lol I would take that set up in a heartbeat. I bought the biggest I could afford at the time, and plan to upgrade to the rf7ii's and rc64ii when I can swing it, the 52ii's to a pretty good job though, as I listen to movies at 0db, so they are plent loud enough, but are lacking a little in the mid dept. I plan on building anothe css sub in the very near future to help even out the lfe in the room.

wish I had some money left lol I would take that set up in a heartbeat. I bought the biggest I could afford at the time, and plan to upgrade to the rf7ii's and rc64ii when I can swing it, the 52ii's to a pretty good job though, as I listen to movies at 0db, so they are plent loud enough, but are lacking a little in the mid dept. I plan on building anothe css sub in the very near future to help even out the lfe in the room.

Wow Shrader awesome job man. That must of taken a lot of man hours and dedication. Definitely paid off though, I am super jealous. I was actually about to say the other side of the room looks like it has a nice big void in need of filling with some notes of the deep and low nature. Glad to hear that's in your plans.

Cheers mate!

• Moderators

Great looking room, you have done a really nice job, makes me wish I had a basement.

Cool place for a party also, have you had people over to watch movies or listen to music ?

Just wondering what they thought, most are probably shocked by everything, most people don't go through the trouble to do something like that.

Very nice, have fun !

I have had a few parties already, for the football games. My friends/family are impressed that we did it all ourselves, and can't beleive the price of speakers/audio/video equipment these days. Like them, I was out of the loop for 20 years or so, and was a little shocked when we started pricing stuff, but we put the whole room together everything included for a little over $10g, and did not have to go to the bank, so it is all free and clear, wihich is the best feeling.

We found ALL the ceiling tiles off of craigslist, from a few different people used, and painted all 475 of them with my paint crew sprayer (what a mess).

Having a problem with the driver on my sub bottoming, but still think I am going to order another kit and buid another one, css said the would replace the driver if need be, great company to deal with, and an awesome sub!!

Shrader, looks amazing man! A job well done! It has to be super satisfying knowing that you made that HT with your own hands. I'm looking forward to the day when I can do them same in my home, ( once the wife and I finally get one that is ) Again, great job man, hope you are able to enjoy it for many many years to come!