Get to DJ a dance next weekend

wuzzzer

Long story short my wife and a couple others are throwing a going away party for two couples from our church. Someone thought it would be fun to have a dance. So my new Chorus will be providing some entertainment. Should be fun. I've DJ'd several weddings, grad parties, etc. in the past but its been a while. Should be the best sounding setup I've ever had for a dance!

I DJ'd a couple dances with my Fortes. Always was worried that the speakers would get damaged in transit. Nothing better than a $50 beater pair of Chorus to not worry about extra dings to the cabinets!

So far we have John Fogerty, Cyndi Lauper, Kenny Loggins, Wang Chung, Cheap Trick, Stray Cats, Men Without Hats. Classic dance tunes.

• Moderators

Dee is right have fun, it's a fun thing to do, that's how I met my wife 35 years ago, playing DJ at my best friends wedding. Just went to there 35th vow renewal a couple of weeks ago, no DJ for me this time they had a band.

Just be sure to have something on disc or how ever you plan to bring the music.....so you can get out there and have a good time also, and not be stuck changing media around the whole time.

Have fun and don't blow anything up. [Y]

Enjoy the dance.

In the mid 70s I had a DJ biz while in school. There were evenings my enthusiasm was low as I loaded to head out to the job. Invariably, as soon as the music got going, the people were happy and I enjoyed the evening.

The best evening I remember was parents' weekend at MSU. It happened to be my birthday, but they never knew that. I'd deliberately avoided scheduling anything, as my parents were coming to East Lansing to attend the football game. At the last minute, a fraternity called in desperation.

I'd worked there before, so I set up the equipment before the game, went to the game, did birthday dinner with my parents, said goodbye as they drove back to Kalamazoo and went to the frat house.

The crowd was a mix of college kids and their parents (remember, it was parents' weekend at MSU). The parents danced to the current music (as if DISCO was ever music) and the kids danced to Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, etc. Everyone had so much fun, as the end of my contracted time drew near, they passed a hat and collected money to buy another hour, then another.

BTW the system was 4 black plywood Speakerlab SKhorns (with plywood backs), 2 Technics/Stanton 681EEE tables and a Dynaco 400 amp. My hearing still suffers from listening to to that much horn-loaded sound at LOUD levels.

Enjoy the dance. Let us know how it went..

• Moderators

Let us know how it goes, i've done one thats it, my wife asked me to do her Bday...reluctant to agree...im not a DJ,

Well I wasn't really a DJ , I played the music, no talking, announcements or anything like that, just play the music and take request, I brought crates of LP's and had a RTR pre recorded ready to go.

I can talk to anyone anywhere, but to use a mic and talk to a big group, NO WAY not going to happen, I would probably freeze up ! [:#]