Some very cool nano-technology here

jhoak

I'm thinking ship's hulls and aircraft. I don't know how much weight an airliner is carrying when it flies through rain but I'll bet it's substantial.

From what I'm reading it ain't exactly cheap at $159 a quart that covers 42 square feet. Hopefully wide spread adoption will lead to improvements in manufacturing effecienies and lower prices.

It would take almost 82 quarts to cover the outside of my house at a cost of ~ $13,000.

There's a product for glass with similar called RainX. When properly applied you don't need to use the wipers so long as your moving. I've used the stuff on every car I've owned for years now.

treat voice coils and formers in situations where ferrofluid is used so that thicker fluids can be utilized very coo (very bad pun intended) use it on bearing parts to reduce friction drag of oil on the part. Just two impressive applications for audio I can think of off the top of my head. Best regards Moray James.