i took a BIG chance and it paid off- Luckily

young1

4-5 months ago i purchased RF7IIs and a anthem 225 integrated amp and thought it sounded fantastic which it did indeed. After hearing a majority of people on here talking about the emotiva gear i started looking at the website and forums, taking what i thought would be a HUGE chance i sold my amp for 100$ less than i paid due to a 400$ increase in the amp thx anthem.

i tried to ordered what i thought would be close to the 225 which was the XPA-2 and USP-1 , but not in stock, called them up talked to nick the saleman he suggested 2 of the monoblocks ok went with that alll good new inter connects etc this entire process took a month long story as to why bottom line was out of stock just bad timing

Got my new gear 2 XPA-100s and UPS-1 hooked it up and W O W what a difference in sound unbelievable in a nut shell the anthem was a ***** pitchy mid bass was awesome and bass was there when i would put 300watts to the speaker

this new set up took all the pitchiness away completely there is a little less mid bass than the anthem but the bass itself PLENTIFUL and TIGHTall in all i was sweating bullets doing this transaction thinking i would be just splitting hairs or worst but for a few dollars more and a few headaches welll worth it i am a emo-lifer now

its Miller Time (happy camper)

You rarely go wrong in spending a little more when it comes to stereo equipment. A lot of folks around here are happy with their Emotiva gear, good bang for the buck. Your purchase should help you realize the potential from your RF 7 II's, now sit back & enjoy the music because that is what it is really all about. Welcome to the Klipsch forums, some interesting folks hang out around these parts.

• 9 months later...

History repeats. Was looking to buy La scalas used older model but in mint cond. figured i'd have to replace drivers ,Xover redo cabs etc but hey that's the entire fun. Then I noticed these new A stock Cornwall IIIs for 1/3 the regular selling price sumthns gotta be wrong here, went immediately to give them a hear , he's running an old Sansui Su 717 sounded good,wife loves them. Do they sound as good as the RF7iis?? do they have the bass??? 4-10"woofers 40" of woofer versus 2-15" 30" here comes the worries. RF7s go down to 30hz Corns go to 34Hz. 8"horn mid/tweeter on the RF7 verus separate horn mid\tweeter on the Cornwalls .The old saying that 2 ways better for rock n roll 3 ways better for classical? Does specs even matter? height difference is almost a foot in the mid/highs. We all know raising speakers usually makes them louder and fuller sounding. My amps are rated 250 wpc into 8ohms 400into 4ohms we all know Klipsch ohms drop fast, are these amp gonna tare the Corns a new 1? (over power) Corns are rated 100wpc RF7ii 250 wpc

Ok if I don't like them ill sell and go for the la scalas all good, dragged them home wife says wow there so nice lets put them in the living room, im to hungover to be switching furniture moving gear from basement to upstair so we dragged the Corns to the basement had them hooked up and running in minutes

First impression noticably Wow there away more relaxing/laid back sound than the RF7iis, is there bass?? There is in fact MORE BASS than the RF7s how can this be? 40 " of moving parts then 30" i'm baffled now these Corns are actually louder sounding than th RF7iis WHAT???? the RF7iis are 250 wpc something's not right both basically rated same sound in Dbs 121v 119 im guessing

the RF7s are loud but the Corns are definitely a little louder we all agreed listening yesterday they also ate up most of the power I threw at them unless they were feeding back to the amps? Maybe someone could clarify this

I will post pics but, I am succumbing to this hangover when I shake these shakey shakes will post. I apologise for my spelling and grammar and if my post even makes sense

I will try a bottle of the cure and come back

Thanks all to one the greatest forums on the planet

Guest David H

I had a similar experience with Cornwalls VS RF-7's less the hangover. I preferred the Cornwalls overall.

The RF-7 were dedicated to the HT, and the Cornwalls to 2 channel.

Dave

Thanks guys, feeling a little better now heres the best part of the story, after loading up the Cornwalls, the guy i'm buying them from says to me I have something you might wanna hear/see, so off we go to his basement he says on the way down you might have seen these in a picture, I started rhyming off quickly some old rare gear but no wasn't that

Turned the corner and wooo Palladiums P-39Fs my jaw dropped he's running these thing on an old mint cond. Sansui Au-1 was all I could see at a glance not sure if that's the correct model but he said it was the cream of the crop so to speak. He stressed to me the sound card hes using in the computer hooked up to that was K mart brand basically that was his only sound source temporarily .

He put on Fanfare for the Common man it was to say the least Breathtaking sound absolutely the best my ears have heard in a home speaker system I could just rave about it

luckily with my quick thinking I had my buddy take a pic on his phone of course with me standing beside them lol I'm just waiting for him to send me the pic which I will share with you guys asap

cheers

urned the corner and wooo Palladiums P-39Fs my jaw dropped he's running these thing on an old mint cond. Sansui Au-1 was all I could see at a glance not sure if that's the correct model but he said it was the cream of the crop so to speak. He stressed to me the sound card hes using in the computer hooked up to that was K mart brand basically that was his only sound source temporarily .

I heard some KFL 20 and 30's on one of the old Sansui amps when I purchase my RF 7's from a guy. That sound has stuck in my head. How was the sound, Great! I would love to have one of those vintage amps. I would love to hear the Pallidiums.

Edited by derrickdj1

History repeats. Was looking to buy La scalas used older model but in mint cond. figured i'd have to replace drivers ,Xover redo cabs etc but hey that's the entire fun. Then I noticed these new A stock Cornwall IIIs for 1/3 the regular selling price sumthns gotta be wrong here, went immediately to give them a hear , he's running an old Sansui Su 717 sounded good,wife loves them. Do they sound as good as the RF7iis?? do they have the bass??? 4-10"woofers 40" of woofer versus 2-15" 30" here comes the worries. RF7s go down to 30hz Corns go to 34Hz. 8"horn mid/tweeter on the RF7 verus separate horn mid\tweeter on the Cornwalls .The old saying that 2 ways better for rock n roll 3 ways better for classical? Does specs even matter? height difference is almost a foot in the mid/highs. We all know raising speakers usually makes them louder and fuller sounding. My amps are rated 250 wpc into 8ohms 400into 4ohms we all know Klipsch ohms drop fast, are these amp gonna tare the Corns a new 1? (over power) Corns are rated 100wpc RF7ii 250 wpc

Ok if I don't like them ill sell and go for the la scalas all good, dragged them home wife says wow there so nice lets put them in the living room, im to hungover to be switching furniture moving gear from basement to upstair so we dragged the Corns to the basement had them hooked up and running in minutes

First impression noticably Wow there away more relaxing/laid back sound than the RF7iis, is there bass?? There is in fact MORE BASS than the RF7s how can this be? 40 " of moving parts then 30" i'm baffled now these Corns are actually louder sounding than th RF7iis WHAT???? the RF7iis are 250 wpc something's not right both basically rated same sound in Dbs 121v 119 im guessing

the RF7s are loud but the Corns are definitely a little louder we all agreed listening yesterday they also ate up most of the power I threw at them unless they were feeding back to the amps? Maybe someone could clarify this

I will post pics but, I am succumbing to this hangover when I shake these shakey shakes will post. I apologise for my spelling and grammar and if my post even makes sense

I will try a bottle of the cure and come back

Thanks all to one the greatest forums on the planet

I own rf-7ii and cornwall 1s and did a long battle with them. Both are great speakers and do some things a little better than the other. The corns have the most bass i have ever heard from a pair of speakers with no sub. They pound your chest with very little power. The rf-7ii need to be eq up in the lower end to really pound your chest. The 7s have more power handling for sure but take more power to get moving. I love them both :D congrats