khorn

sasqwatch

I am not posting this to gloat but I am so excited I had to tell someone and none of my friends are into audio sure they are impressed with the sound of my klipsch heritage speakers but i dont think they would understand why I would want k horns so badly maybe after next Sat they will .I just scored a pair of 1988 oiled oak 160 miles from the house going to be a looong week maybe just maybe I may give one of my buddies klipschitess look forward to all the advice on placement and what to use to oil them thanks for letting me ramble

Yeah it is nice to have a forum like this to learn from get ideas and share experiences. I dont even have the horns yet but I'm wondering if room dim will work it will be 15 feet from corner to corner about 11 feet from to were ill be parked seems kind of small (room dim ) compared to the spaces others have discussed here I dont think corners will be an issue one wall has a picture winder 3 feet from corner 29 inches from floor to winder sill also when I place them does the grill on side face the other speaker or towards the listing position I assume towards listen position also is there a easy way to swap speakers from a av receiver to a two channel amp I will be using horns as my fronts as well as two channel thanks Stacy

...have you used any of them...

No, I haven't, but a few folks here have commented on using the Niles unit, which apparently works well. My setup uses XLR (balanced) connectors between my AVP, active crossovers, and amplifiers so I'd have to insert a switch between my AVP and my Dx38 active crossover driving the Jubs in order to accommodate an extra external DAC into my setup. If I were to do this myself, I'd probably use something more like this:

http://www.radialeng.com/r2011/hotshotabi.php

I might try out an external DAC in the future (without an A-B switch--just for trial) but right now I don't believe that would make a great deal of difference. I feel that the DAC in the Onkyo/Integra pro-AVP performs very well, so that I am devoting my attention to other areas of improvement such as trying out a pre-owned Yamaha SP2060 active crossover (2-in, 6-out) that I picked up last fall, and investing more in a larger audio and music video library.

Chris