Did I do good??

Guest Teresa Wright

WOW!! Alright dudes, I honestly didn't and still don't know the value of these speakers, I did figure they were worth more than $150. And, yes, I am a newbie and very excited about these speakers-sorry if I sounded "greedy, mean, etc". That is not my MO!! I'm pretty sure grandma was not longer in the picture, and this guy hated these, didn't even have them hooked up to anything, because he is not into audio at all.
I must say though, after watching Avatar in 3-D last night, I love these speakers.
Oh and P S I just bought Wineslobs Heresy's a while back and offered him less than asking-but I believe he said OBO-anyway, now I feel bad about that.
Ok, I'm done with this,
BEST REGARDS

Again, you have nothing about which to apologize, and please do not let anyone spur you to think otherwise.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Moray was put off that someone would consider lowballing on something that's already practically being given away, something that's obviously worth a lot more. I'm actually surprised that not a single person here could relate to that. Moray may have stepped out of line a bit, but the piling on is absurd. So what's worse, Moray being offended by Teresa's comment, or all of you pounding him into the ground?

Thanks Dean. I will consider this the ignore button function and thoes who see me as the devil can ignore all they like and I get to see too. That said I still think that this forum is a very special place and it has some of the finest people you could ever hope to meet (that's how I feel about it). I expect that you Dean would have to agree with me on that. We can't always all agree and I don't think that we can all get along together all the time either though that is the ideal goal. Thanks for reading. Best regards Moray James.

Teresa, the seller got a bargin since that is what he ask for and you got a great bargin. It is that plain and simple. For example the Icon W towers sell for $299 but MSRP is $1,200 -1,500. Did people who paid full retail get ripped off, no, they wanted the speakers when they first hit the market. The market is a funny thing.

As far as forum members liking your deal, some will, some won't, so what!

Hey I knew a Teresa Wright in high school. She was in my little sister's class and was a cheer leader. A girl I dated once used her ID to get in a bar in Council Bluffs and got it taken away. I doubt that's you. Hey enjoy your speakers and don't worry about all the other crap being posted on this thread.

WOW!! Alright dudes, I honestly didn't and still don't know the value of these speakers, I did figure they were worth more than $150. And, yes, I am a newbie and very excited about these speakers-sorry if I sounded "greedy, mean, etc". That is not my MO!! I'm pretty sure grandma was not longer in the picture, and this guy hated these, didn't even have them hooked up to anything, because he is not into audio at all. I must say though, after watching Avatar in 3-D last night, I love these speakers. Oh and P S I just bought Wineslobs Heresy's a while back and offered him less than asking-but I believe he said OBO-anyway, now I feel bad about that. Ok, I'm done with this, BEST REGARDS

You found an amazing deal, the grandson had nothing vested in the speakers and you have nothing to be ashamed of. I would have snatched them up faster than he could count the $150!

Tresa I am sorry for you that you still feel that way even after being called on it and having some time to reflect upon the situation you still can't see it. Nothing wrong with a deal, Grandma probably just needed to make room and likely could not find a better home for them too bad I don't see that you deserve the deal. Obviously was not a sharp enough deal for you as you were itching to gind grandma a little harder because they did not look as good as you wanted them to. You know in all likelyhood they belonged to Grandpa and there would be some kind of attachment there. There may well have been a truly wonderful story behind those Cornwall speakers, something nicer than your greedy little "did I get a good enough deal?" concern but you don't need to know and probably could not give a crap about that. Think what ever you like I don't give a rats end what you think or do. This is one of those situations I wish our forum had "ignore" options so you and I can ignore each other to death. That works for me. Shame on you. Best regards Moray James.

1-800-555-WAAH!!!!!

warmest of all regards Angus Ruler.