The Ten Commandments not on TV tonight???

Mighty Favog

I suppose my main concern is something "stupid" happening....

These so-called "evil guys" are leaders of their nation and very wealthy and privileged. They are not going to do anything to blow a good thing. No worries.

..... assuming they are still rational. Other governments have self-destructed by making war, and yet others have nearly done so.

Got it. Excellent!Yes

Thanks for the laugh, CECAA850!

Maybe one of you guys could post it. For some reason it acted like it was in slow motion on my computer.

It seemed appropriately light for our subject matter.

I tend to agree... Perhaps my misgivings come from my general lack of confidence in the current administration and its inability to deal with such situations.

I hope you were talking about the North Korean administration. Indifferent I feel alot more confident in our Government playing the best hand possible now, in 2013 given what has transpired in this Century already. Tongue Tied

I'm sure he's referring to the US administration.

I'm sure you're right about that, although the scorecard says otherwise, compared to the last CIC.

My only concern, at this moment regarding confidence in the U.S. administration, is the here and now. The rest of the past century, well, let's say.... not enough time or space here to discuss.

I'm sure he's referring to the US administration.

Then that assumption is not well founded given especially the time period that North Korea went Nuclear and where we are at today.

I hate to speak for Boxx but your statement has nothing to do with his comfort level of THIS administrations decision making ability. For all we know he wasn't comfortable with past administrations decision making ability either. I'll leave further comments on his statement up to him. I merely stated how I interpreted who he was referring to.

You done good, my friend.... [Y] Oh, by the way... good morning group.

My only concern, at this moment regarding confidence in the U.S. administration, is the here and now. The rest of the past century, well, let's say.... not enough time or space here to discuss.

I agree and use the past to show where we as a country was starting from. That said, anyone who is concerned with North Korea should see when they became nuclear and why we as a country was distracted. Globally we didn't have enough allies after the Iraq invasion to fight an effective 'war on terror.'I also contend anyone that sees Iran as a threat should look at that same history because those events also strengthen Iran insofar as Iraq being their ally and them feeling the need (or justification) to go nuclear.

Fwiw, I also agree with Jeff that neither of these countries leaders would use nuclear weapons because of the ramifications of doing so...The Nukes in Pakistan I am slightly more worried about and all of this material doesn't just disappear.

EDIT: I also have confidence in our current government to do the correct thing insofar as North Korea and Iran are concerned, with the cards they've been dealt...We'll see how the next 4 years go. DISCLAIMER: I vote as an Independent and don't subscribe to any party but am being driven towards one.

Fwiw, I also agree with Jeff that neither of these countries leaders would use nuclear weapons because of the ramifications of doing so...

Ahhhh common ground. They have to realize that deploying a nuke would be the end of their country (and their rule) as they know it now.

I suppose my main concern is something "stupid" happening....

These so-called "evil guys" are leaders of their nation and very wealthy and privileged. They are not going to do anything to blow a good thing. No worries.

..... assuming they are still rational. Other governments have self-destructed by making war, and yet others have nearly done so.

You haven't figured it out, yet? That "crazy man" skit is our nation's shtick for everyone they want us to fear. The press goes right along with it.

Here

Ahhhh common ground. They have to realize that deploying a nuke would be the end of their country (and their rule) as they know it now.

I agree, but insofar as North Korea is concerned they don't subscribe to a religion where the hereafter is better than what they are living in the here and now...That said, Fundamentalist Religious leaders could imagine an "Armageddon" scenario where they felt they were backed into a corner and they are the ones that forces the way to an End of Times situation. Again, I still think the danger is in a dirty bomb and not being attacked by another nation.

I had forgotten about this practice. The nuts and bolts is that Americans are fed huge daily doses of BS through the media, and you might as well learn this and stop letting it work on you.

How many times have we be stoked to fear crazy people who never did anything to us? I think there was a lot of propaganda put out there about Hugo Chavez, and he never did anything to us. They've said the same about Kim Jung Il. He never did anything. The said the same about Ahmedinejad. He never did anything to us. They said the same about Hussein. Never did anything to us. The said it about Kadafi. Never did anything to us. They said it about Kruschev. Never did anything to us. There are many, many more.

Isn't this pattern becoming a little worn-out? The administration and lobby groups have figured out that the masses will consent numbly to just about any injustice we want to dole out, provided we have an "enemy" to dole it out against. Americans only need an enemy, and they will go along with anything.

Unfortunately, watching the news makes you ignorant in America. You can learn more from Andy Griffith. Sad state of affairs, really, that our media has been so corrupted.

Getting back on topic.[;)]

The new blu-rays for both Ben Hur (Boxed Set) and The Ten Commandments are fantastic! I have the DVD's as well, but these are outstanding remakes from the original film. Especially Ben Hur!

OK, back to the regular scheduled programming...

Mike

Now that the discussion is back on-topic and probably won't be shut down I must get ready for work. Thanks to all for OT material that was discussed. [:-*]

Imo, talking with folks that you don't always agree gives you/me a real perspective of another side instead of listening to a 'talking head' tell us what each other thinks. I somewhat agree with Jeff about the media, but think we live in a Communication Age where the transition will be from being bombarded with so much BS, that most people will choose to think for themselves after weighing out pertinent information--I don't subscribe to blind faith of anything and grew up in the 'Question Authority" generation. That said, it doesn't always mean "authority" is wrong but in a country that appreciates individual rights, if our government doesn't work then those countries that do better will take advantage of it/us.

Insofar a Religion is concerned, before the Communication Age it was easy to get brainwashed into thinking so many things that were not true. The purposes of these words have changed through the years (Jewish Torah, Wisdom and Historic works, Bible and Koran), but there is something to be said by starting with The Golden Rule and discussing it's ramifications on everyone...As I've heard somewhere before--"First there was the word..." Thank God discussions like this aren't usually allowed on the Klipsch Forum because if they had a special section where we could talk like this I probably would never get any work done. [;)] Thanks again guys.