WTB RC-7....Let me know what you have or if you find one local to you that you are willing to ship

Youthman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

The RC-7 arrived! Kevin did a fantastic job of removing the woofers and drivers, each in their own box and double boxed. Packing was great. Drivers, Tweeter and Cabinet made it safely.......but not everything survived. The crossover broke free from the Cup Terminal plate. [:(]

The unit was likely dropped flat so there was no damage to the cabinet but the weight of the crossover was too much for the plastic legs to keep it secured to the Cup.

We are in the process of filing a claim with UPS. Kevin has been an absolute fantastic seller in this whole process. I just wanted to share pics with everyone as a reminder of why this speaker is so difficult to ship. Plastic internal parts.

crossover-1.jpg

crossover-2.jpg

crossover-3.jpg

UPS (united package smashers) are absolute garbage. This goes to show that even when taking tons of time to protect what you send these morons that work for them are just too rough with stuff. I don't know how they are still in business. All speakers that have come to me through them have been broken. Every one. Not a lot, two pairs, but still both sets broken when I received them. I hate that company with a passion.

Too bad about damage. I've had great luck with UPS, never an issue with over 20 pairs of speakers shipped, 83

's and 64 included. Maybe the blame should go on Klipsch for designing such a poor and cheap mount?

• Moderators

I'm just trying to figure out how all of these speakers made it from the warehouse to the dealers.

I've shipped several speakers via Fedex and never had an issue but I've never tried to ship an RC-7 or RC-64 either. As you mentioned, the plastic parts are the bigger problem.

I'm just trying to figure out how all of these speakers made it from the warehouse to the dealers.

I've shipped several speakers via Fedex and never had an issue but I've never tried to ship an RC-7 or RC-64 either. As you mentioned, the plastic parts are the bigger problem.

That's what I'm saying! How did Klipsch ship these directly to customers or retailers without a huge damage rate to contend with? It's baffling. As mentioned earlier I've only had success with FedEx for the most part. And I've also had all of my RC-7's shipped to me without woofer removal and still ended up with zero damage. But for the rare instance of wickedly stupid packing on the sellers part (RC-7 thrown in a box with just packing peanuts) they've all come through ok. It's really a coin toss with these things it seems. Sorry to hear about this happening as it really ends up just being an entire roller coaster of emotions from start to finish.

Youth,

just started reading this.....i have extra screws and spacers. i took my RC-7 crossover apart and wired it so they are seperated. i don't need mine. want them? they are free.

pm, email, text, call....

edit: nevermind. i simply didn't pay attention. your cup is broken and spacers is not what you need. unless you want to glue them or something. my bad.

Is reglueing an option ? I bought a rc3 once, it was thrown in a box twice it's size with a small pc bubble rap. The driver broke from the basket but after a repair I think it's better than new in that spot anyway.

• Moderators

Is reglueing an option ?

Technically, the xover "could" be mounted anywhere inside the unit, just not sure glue would hold it very well. Besides, since it was damaged during shipping, why not get a new one?