Hi, My Name is Steve, and I'm a Klipsch Addict

Im relatively new to Klipsch, and to this forum. I may need some help and some defense tips. My wife and kids are questioning my sanity.

Last year I stumbled upon Klipsch and bought RF-62IIs for our living room. Now dissatisfied with audio in the den I bought a pair of Heresy Is as an experiment, put those with my subwoofer. I soon realized my center channel was inadequate, learned about timbre matching, and a forum member sold me an Academy, which has performed beautifully. I was happy again. But my study! In there are the crappy old Sansui S-57s I have had since 1980 and which sound awful compared to any Klipsch. Thinking of moving the Heresys to the study, I am about to buy a pair of Forte IIs and nobody can understand why do you have to buy more speakers? Calling them replacements does not seem to work! (but no one is complaining about the sound quality, either)

Any similar stories out there?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"slippery slope".....hoarders....recovery meetings, and donuts. I am in trouble, not to mention the weight gain.

Well, I'm buying the Forte II's and that will be the end of it. I can quit. Really.

Let me know if you come back to Atlanta. I know where all the Krispy Kremes and Five Guys are. Not to mention the Varsity.

Well, I'm buying the Forte II's and that will be the end of it.

Ahhh, the new guy has a sense of humor.

We used to have a KK here in Beaumont, it was right at 10 minutes from the house. I'd pick up a hot dozen for the family and have 9 left by the time I got home.

Well, I'm buying the Forte II's and that will be the end of it.

Ahhh, the new guy has a sense of humor.

We used to have a KK here in Beaumont, it was right at 10 minutes from the house. I'd pick up a hot dozen for the family and have 9 left by the time I got home.

You made it home with nine? Great self control; seven was my best . . . . . and I live next door.

"slippery slope".....hoarders....recovery meetings, and donuts. I am in trouble, not to mention the weight gain.
Well, I'm buying the Forte II's and that will be the end of it. I can quit. Really.

Let me know if you come back to Atlanta. I know where all the Krispy Kremes and Five Guys are. Not to mention the Varsity.

But can you lead me back to Spondivits?

I hear you. One more smoke, one more drink, one more pair of Klipsch and I'm goin' straight he says as he stares the k'horners of the room.

RIGHT!!!

Dave

Guest Teresa Wright

I resemble that remark-although my name is not Steve! I started with Reference 2yrs ago-rf-62ii, rc-52, rb51, and rw-10d. Now I have a pair of 1985 HBR Hereseys and my latest and greatest are a pair of 1985 Cornwall II. Oh, and a pair of KG 1.5. I have to be totally done. The Cornwall's are too big, but I'm keeping them anyway. I feel they are much better for both movies and music. The RF's and the Hereseys are in the spare room, but I'm not getting rid of them, well maybe the RF's. I am a heritage convert-LOVE THEM!!! [:D]

Well, the living room is fairly large, with very high ceiling...maybe La Scalas would work, as long as I could unload the RF towers! ...and convince my lovely wife Big Smile

Down the slope he slides. That took all of .....................a day???

This quote just made my day [:P] Good luck with that endeavor brother! If you get a chance take a look at some of the fellow members sigs, you can start with mine which is pretty tame in comparison.