HT Upgrade: Wet Bar, AT Screen, Fireplace.

WakeJunkie

The wood column needs an oak trim column base and cap.

I thought I would try my hand at curved molding. Each circle is made from 8 pieces of oak 6" on short side of 22.5 degree cuts to make my octagon.

Circle1.jpg

I have a fixed and plunge version of the same router and each came with an edge guide. I took one of them apart and made a circle jig out of a scrap of oak.

The block is labeled "top" since the holes put in with the drill press are exactly the same offset as the router base so it holds it level.

The block in the middle is attached to the plywood base of the jig with 1/4" hole in the center as the pivot point. The router is using a 1/2" spiral bit.

The bulk of the outside was taken off with the band saw before going into the jig.

Circle2.jpg

Finished circles. Next will be to take them to the router table to turn them into curved molding.

Circle3.jpg

Circle4.jpg

Edited by WakeJunkie

Accoustic cube panels, ATTA BOY, don't see many people in the road of life that have a clue about what these critters can do for a room, and this comes from seeing guys spend $1K on cables.

Guess I am not following you on this one.

Ok, I have bud's who rant about they have added this and that to their systems, speakers, placement, design, amps, but only one has done the panels, and totally agreed with me. until you have done the panels, stop spending money on your system is what I tell my bud's.

I don't care how "Good" and pricey someone's system is, until they have STOPPED the sound from Bouncing all over the room, the system is just NOT done! IMHO.

Iv got a few years in the recording industry, when setting up a studio, the first thing we did was envision where to place the "Damper Panels".

That's a lot of work for a couple of circles. Looks beautiful.

Guess it would have been easier to just put a grill on it, but what's the fun in that? ;-)

No fun but a lot easier. Especially for something that's just going to be temporary.

Accoustic cube panels, ATTA BOY, don't see many people in the road of life that have a clue about what these critters can do for a room, and this comes from seeing guys spend $1K on cables.

That was random. I didn't catch the reference either, but it IS early.

• Like 1

That was random. I didn't catch the reference either, but it IS early.

The reference I was trying to make was : iv Bud's who rant and rave about "New Cables", "New Bigger Speakers", "New Brighter Amp(s), everything but the room. WJ is/has done this to his room, most HT junkies can get the same effect with heavy Curtains like "Theaters" curtains kill the Bounce.

But hey im not here to put down anyone's system just complement his forsight in hanging panels.

The reference I was trying to make was : iv Bud's who rant and rave about "New Cables", "New Bigger Speakers", "New Brighter Amp(s), everything but the room. WJ is/has done this to his room, most HT junkies can get the same effect with heavy Curtains like "Theaters" curtains kill the Bounce.

But hey im not here to put down anyone's system just complement his forsight in hanging panels.

Gotcha. I just didn't follow at first. I have rigid fiberglass acoustic panels to do that with already. I wanted to get the new sub in before determining the placement for panels.

The room is not bad in the front already. 8ft diameter beanbag that is 3ft thick of shredded foam and baffled ceiling do a pretty good job already. Leaning panels at the first reflection point don't seem to make any difference.

The back of the room by the pool table and the corner by the foosball will definitely get treatments. Bass trap in the corner for sure. Since the audio in the room is changing I will finish that before any panels are placed.

• Like 1

I just didn't follow at first. I have rigid fiberglass acoustic panels to do that with already. I wanted to get the new sub in before determining the placement for panels.

I guess I missed the panel discussion.

Unless they're extremely thick, acoustic panels won't help much with bass. Corner traps will work best.

• Like 1

Gotcha. I just didn't follow at first. I have rigid fiberglass acoustic panels to do that with already. I wanted to get the new sub in before determining the placement for panels.

The room is not bad in the front already. 8ft diameter beanbag that is 3ft thick of shredded foam and baffled ceiling do a pretty good job already. Leaning panels at the first reflection point don't seem to make any difference.

The back of the room by the pool table and the corner by the foosball will definitely get treatments. Bass trap in the corner for sure. Since the audio in the room is changing I will finish that before any panels are placed.

Just a heads up, the old man I was taught by back in the 60s, (theater/studio,TV station designer) always, when he walked into a room he looked at the corners, corners are the bounce magnifire's, I thought this always looked like heII, until every recording Studio was doing it.

Hooked up everything last night for a test run and found that without a level converter I could get nothing out of the EPX4000.

Home Audio to ProAudio - Unbalanced to Balanced converter with +14dB boost turned all the way up got things working.

With RCA inputs I did not expect to need this. I had it for my Pro-Audio Mackie sub and will need it or another converter upstairs when I move it.

Also found that the Subs from FI that were supposed to be 4Ohm measure out to be 2.7 Ohms.

I emailed them, but have not heard back yet.