HT Upgrade: Wet Bar, AT Screen, Fireplace.

WakeJunkie

This bad boy is HEAVY. With the back it will be right at 180LB!

That is just the box.

Dry fit went perfectly tonight.

Favorite tool of the day: Biscuit Jointer. Made it very easy to align and test fit everything.

IMG_9815.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg

IMG_9814.jpg

IMG_9816.jpg

Edited by WakeJunkie

I'm confused. Looks like you cut holes for four subs. But thought you only ordered two?

Correct. I will block off the back half of the manifold for now. I may never install 4, but it is alot easier to build for 4 now than to start over if I decide to add more. I was able to find the 4k watt amp for the same price as the 2K so I figured why not...

Looks great as expected! Love the pics. You'll need to rent a gorilla to mount that thing. Which side are you mounting the drivers, outside?

I will be mounting the drivers inside.

Don't forget the inside of this manifold will be visible from inside the room. Definitely not you typical design.

All 4 accessible from inside and out.

I will probably need to remove the lower front to add rear subs. Even if I can do it without. I will probably remove it just to be safe.

Guess it depends on how long my Gorilla's arms are, but I will cross that bridge at a later date.

I decided that a square box just wouldn't cut it...

This is the idea. Back two holes will be filled with a wood column that goes top to bottom of the manifold.

I will route out oak column top and bottom trim rings for the column. LED lighting from the back of the column will light the enclosure.

IMG_9817.jpg

This is just a clamp up to hold the shape. I used a dado blade to cut grooves in the back of 1/4" ply then lay soaking wet hot towels on the wood for about 20 minutes to soften it up so I could form it into the circle.

I will build the interior structure so it will have no flex. I thought about filling the gaps inside the column with rigid spray foam once complete.

If I ever decide to add additional subs the column can be removed.

And of course it will be sealed so no air from the outside gets in.

Back View:

IMG_9818.jpg

Edited by WakeJunkie
  • Like 1

• Moderators

That will look cool with the LED lights back there, the sound will just be more well rounded. :o

Until you rip it out, which easy plans for that needs to be thought about now as to not have to completely take everything apart.

• Like 1

That will look cool with the LED lights back there, the sound will just be more well rounded. :o

Until you rip it out, which easy plans for that needs to be thought about now as to not have to completely take everything apart.

Thank you I just about choked on my lunch at work!

Behringer EPX4000 Fan Mod is pretty easy if you have the right tools.

Ordered two of these fans to replace the two factory fans.

• NMB Technologies 3110SB-05W-B40-E00
  • 36 CFM
  • 26 db
The one on the right in the pic below is easy. The fan on the left is a little more difficult due to space.

IMG_9796.jpg

The nuts on the fan are 7mm, not a standard size for most open end wrench sets, but would make this job easier.

I had no problem doing the job with pliers.

IMG_9797.jpg

These are the tools I used. I forgot to include the hot glue gun. The very thin long nose pliers shown are necessary. Standard needle nose pliers will not reach.

The razor knife is needed to cut the glue used to hold the fan connectors to the board.

IMG_9828.jpg

IMG_9819.jpg

Use the hot glue gun to glue the nuts and washers to the back of the fan. It will be nearly impossible to get them on without attaching them.

IMG_9823.jpg

Use the butter knife to hold the back of the nut when starting the screw. Use the pliers to hold the nut to tighten. Don't over tighten or you will break the plastic fan housing.

IMG_9826.jpg

Result is a significantly quieter amp. I could have gotten quieter fans, but went with these for airflow. The airflow seems more than sufficient.

SPL meter read 56bB with the factory fans. It was to quiet to get a reading now. 50dB is the limit so I am not surprised. To me it sounds less than half of original and is undetectable from 8ft where I sit. You can hear it if right next to it, but it is about the same sound level as my Dell laptop.

Edited by WakeJunkie
  • Like 1