HT Upgrade: Wet Bar, AT Screen, Fireplace.

WakeJunkie

THIS states the analog and digital meters are off by the same amount.

Thank you for that.

According to that calibration chart my response is not that bad for a system with no EQ.

This was taken from a distance of 5ft, 36" height with the beanbag right behind it.

Numbers shows have already been adjusted according to the calibration chart.

CorrectedPlot.jpg

Edited by WakeJunkie

I take it that the bean bags is the subs. Why do the graphs stop at 80 Hz. I had to recalibrate my system after 1 and 2 months because the subs really loosened up and were louder. EQ can take care of peaks but a null means the speaker may need to be moved. Feeding more power into a null will most likely make it deeper if it is based on room modes.

Edited by derrickdj1

The beanbag is the 8ft diameter beanbag full of shredded memory foam.

Is it as comfortable as one would imagine ?
As I am currently laying on it using Spotify as my JukeBox I can actually say it is better than I ever thought it would be. Guest fight over who gets to use them for beds. We have two, one in the HT the other in the living room. Had them for about 7 years and still love them. The 8ft is big enough for the entire family with room to spare. Realize it is HUGE. It would hang off all sides of a king bed.

I recommend them all the time. Comfysacks.com is having a big sale right now. You will not regret it.

• Moderators
I will have to look back in the thread to see wha is the purpose of the bean bag.

Wake uses the 8ft beanbag for the "front row" seating and the HT seats as the 2nd row seating.

Page 1 of this thread shows his seating.

DPP_0045.JPG

Here you can see how close the beanbag is to the screen.

RF-7ii_Panorama3.jpg

Edited by Youthman

Looks awesome

But I just could not do it. I would think that would mess up acoustics just like having a coffee table. Have you ever ran full frequency graphs with and without it there?

Without it my concrete room is one big echo chamber. The beanbag was a great acoustic treatment.

It eliminates the first reflection point on the floor for the theater seating and bar area.

A coffee table is a hard surface and not really comparable to 150 cubic feet of memory foam.

The beanbag is mine and my wife's primary listening position. As you can see from the charts above it is currently the best location in the room when looking at nulls. Besides the fact it is the most comfortable furniture you will ever lay on.

Crossover is set at 80Hz.

If you're feeling playful, change the crossover to 60 or even 40 and run another sweep.

Curious on your thinking. Why set the crossover that low? Isn't the 50-60Hz the chest thump bass?

Yes it is. Your mains should be able to handle that if you've got a decent amp behind them. I was thinking that lowering the crossover point MIGHT get rid of a few dips as you'd have less bass sources, less chance of cancellation. Can't hurt to try, you can always switch back. Every room is different, sometimes you find the right sound by accident or by just trying different things. I think my mains are set at 45Hz and I've got plenty of punch in that region. I also have 300 watts on each speaker.

If you're feeling playful, change the crossover to 60 or even 40 and run another sweep.

Curious on your thinking. Why set the crossover that low? Isn't the 50-60Hz the chest thump bass?

Yes it is. Your mains should be able to handle that if you've got a decent amp behind them. I was thinking that lowering the crossover point MIGHT get rid of a few dips as you'd have less bass sources, less chance of cancellation. Can't hurt to try, you can always switch back. Every room is different, sometimes you find the right sound by accident or by just trying different things. I think my mains are set at 45Hz and I've got plenty of punch in that region. I also have 300 watts on each speaker.

The test I ran were with the mains disconnected. I need to run some test with the mains at different crossover points.

I think this is a valuable point, as for some reason(not all) but some feel you need to follow these " rules" for crossing over mains to sub. Every room is different so different measures need to be taken. I would think they are more as guide lines and should be adjusted as needed.

Now about the comfy sacs, I am looking a the 7' lounger.

http://www.comfysacks.com/top-sellers

Edited by duder1982