HT Upgrade: Wet Bar, AT Screen, Fireplace.

WakeJunkie

Came across something this weekend I just could not pass up.

10 Ft Curved granite counter with a matching smaller straight granite countertop.

The 10ft fits behind the theater seating nicely and was exactly what I wanted.

It even matches the granite in the kitchen upstairs. It is counter top height, not bar height.

All the wood base you see here will be removed and I will build an oak base to match the rest of the woodwork in the room.

Obviously it will be designed differently so legs can go under the bar from this side.

IMG_3117.jpg

This is the old table it is replacing.

IMG_3118.jpg

It is sitting on a pretty tall flat dolly here. The final height will be about 2-3" shorter at 42".

The length is perfect and the recliners lean beside it with a couple inches to spare.

It is a little tight near the foosball table, but not a big issue.

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

I didn't get a pic of the second piece that matches. 50" long by 24" deep with matching backsplash.

This will be for the wet bar under the stairs. I already have the black sink and fixture to mount into it as well as a single drawer dishwasher.

Edited by WakeJunkie
  • Like 1

Dang you get all the great scores, I can't even find brick veneer I want let alone granite counter tops. Well I guess I could find granite counter tops if I wanted to take what was out there, just not happy for what I have seen. Very nice looking indeed.

Edited by duder1982

• 1 month later...

Only problem is he would have to cut one serious hole in solid cement block wall behind his AT Screen. I somehow doubt he will want to do that no matter how much he likes my LaScala Trio. ;)

I second this one....

If I come across an RF-7ii I can turn into a center then that is a possibility.

I am very pleased with the look and sound of the 7ii's.

I am hoping Youth won't corrupt me to bad....as if that hasn't already happened.

• Like 1

This room keeps getting better and better! Going alllll the way back to the before pic to now - what a radical transformation!

Thanks Dave,

I have had fun with this one. I still need to build the bar, add the kitchen and possibly a bathroom attached. All in due time. Unfortunately it all cost money.

If I quit buying boats I could get more done down here.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

SODA FOUNTAIN TIME!

I decided to finally pull the trigger on adding a soda fountain to the HT.

I got this guy on craigslist with the carbonator, regulator, syrup pumps, and bib connectors.

I had some help to tear it down since I am not actually using the heads in this, but need the massive cold plate out of it.

photo%201.jpg

photo%202.jpg

I picked up a used 5 cu ft deep freezer that will handle refrigeration.

photo%203.jpg

I will be removing the existing thermostat to allow for me to turn this into a very efficient refrigerator.

I will wire this guy into the compressor to allow me to keep the temp as cold as possible without actually freezing the lines.

temp.jpg

This is the massive cold plate. 6 syrup lines + soda + water. Weighs over 80lb.

photo%204.jpg

This will be the actual dispenser head. Wunder bar mini tower.

I ordered new buttons for Mt Dew, Dr Pepper, and Root beer.

Despenser1.jpg

Despenser2.jpg

It will mount onto a riser box directly into the top of the freezer lid. I think I will use the old coke machine drip tray in the design with the tea urn on one side and fountain on the other.

drip tray will catch for both and connect to a drain.

photo%205.jpg

You have to be very careful drilling holes in a freezer.

First attempt would have hit a coil if I had not been looking for them.

photo%206.jpg

After looking at the pics, I can't imagine it getting much use. ;)

Yeah, My youngest daughter had friends over....which she always does.

With football season about to start we will see plenty of use from my friends.

The popcorn machine has been great for groups of kids. You can feed them all they can eat for less than 50 cents.

The fountain will be a nice addition.