Price Drop Late 60s Cornwall II Verticals

Appleskinner

I picked these up from a fellow forum member about 2 years ago and never put them into my system. They are bone original and have a rubbed walnut (C-WR-15) finish in near flawless condition. Consecutive SSNs IH888/889. They would likely benefit from a recap. The risers have never been drilled into the cabinets and are actually just sitting on top of them in the photos. These are for pickup only. I have received military orders to Japan and will be putting these into storage if they don't sell by the first week in June.

P1010430.JPG

+1 on the seeing what the Japanese market will bring for them. Also if you snag you a new corvette and take with you ever on the military dime. I remember being over there and hearing Japanese guys say they payed close to 200,000 American dollars for corvettes. The after you do that buy a couple skylines and bring em back! Lol then your tour will have made you 150-200,000 cash. Wish I would have know all that when I was over there vs finding out when I left. You'll love it over there if you've never been. Food is some of the best in the world! (To me anyways) good luck with your sale. Sorry for being long winded.

They look great.

Those suggestions regarding selling them in Japan make sense, if they can be shipped at govt. expense.

A friend of mine (ring knocker from USNA) shipped his 74 Vette to a deployment to Spain. He sold it for a profit and bought a 911, which was shipped home at no cost to him. IMO, the military deserve such perks.

The after you do that buy a couple skylines and bring em back! Lol then your tour will have made you 150-200,000 cash.

I brought a Skyline GT-R back from Japan in 2004 and it was totally NOT worth the effort. I lost many nights of sleep over that whole thing. Luckily for those tempted there is no longer a legal way to import a Skyline.

VERY nice verticals! One of my vertical pairs look like they have the exact same finish and grill cloth but they are one year older. Are you sure it says "C-WR-15" ? I would think it would be "WO" for oiled finish.

Beautiful speakers! [Y]

Buy from Appleskinner with confidence. I was happy with my purchase from him.

VERY nice verticals! One of my vertical pairs look like they have the exact same finish and grill cloth but they are one year older. Are you sure it says "C-WR-15" ? I would think it would be "WO" for oiled finish.

Beautiful speakers! Yes

Buy from Appleskinner with confidence. I was happy with my purchase from him.

if the label says WR for walnut raw and someone along the line oils them they are no longer walnut raw but the label stays the same. exactly what i did to my 72 vertical MR ( Mahogany Raw ) i oiled them but the label still says MR

says WR for walnut raw and someone along the line oils them they are no longer walnut raw but the label stays the same. exactly what i did to my 72 vertical MR ( Mahogany Raw ) i oiled them but the label still says MR

100% correct, Dad.

Budman - I got them exactly as they sit, but believe you are correct. I was thinking "rubbed" walnut; although, if this is not a factory finish, it was extremely well done. There are absolutely no stain or oil runs on the raw rear panel and all of the labels are perfectly legible and intact. I was having trouble adding more photos, but will try again later this evening. These speakers are in museum condition and I would much rather sell them than put them in storage or ship them to my next duty station.

Gary

says WR for walnut raw and someone along the line oils them they are no longer walnut raw but the label stays the same. exactly what i did to my 72 vertical MR ( Mahogany Raw ) i oiled them but the label still says MR

100% correct, Dad.

thank you son, moms worried about you she hasn't heard from you in awhile.

• 4 weeks later...

100% correct, Dad.

thank you son, moms worried about you she hasn't heard from you in awhile.

Tell Mom not to worry. I sure miss her. Can you send her photo, and that stand it was on? You know, the one with the crazy wood pattern. It would mean so much to me. And to Mom.