Raw milk

tube fanatic

Another issue for consideration- why should people be able to purchase and consume alcohol in any quantity they desire, but be prevented from purchasing and consuming raw milk? The consumption of either is a personal decision, and the risks of the former are certainly far greater than the latter.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/18/wisconsin-raw-milk.aspx?e_cid=20130618_DNL_art_2&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art2&utm_campaign=20130618

If my posting of these dietary concerns is getting to be over the top, don't hesitate to say so and I'll find other choice issues instead!

Maynard

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raw milk is loaded with bacteria, stinks, has some bugs in it, a little cow crap and that's why it's homogenized and sterilized so we don't die from it. That's why I hate and despise milk.

JJK

That's whey too much information.

If you really want raw milk, you can buy a cow. That is your personal freedom. Watch out that she doesn't step on you while you're drinking.

Here we have a case where the safe product is abundant, even greatly subsidized.

Once the dairyman sells this stuff to a purchaser, the purchaser could very well put it in a stream of distribution where the buyer is less aware of the danger. Best to nip it in the bud, as Barney would say, before it gets in the stream of commerce.

Considering the above, I can't agree that there is a substantial infringement on personal rights.

In the law, it is not uncommon for someone to argue that something or other is more dangerous or immoral, or should be pursued by the authorities, before he is. But this is unworkable.

One observation is that the Amish don't use electricity. Thus pasteurization might be difficult for them. Maybe that is the beginning of the story.

WMcD