I'm Renting The Farmhouse.

Summer before last, I gave Klipsch the first of their speakers that I ever heard (1965-shorthorns from the El Dorado, AR choir dept.) to referbish and sell for their fundraiser. I've been a Klipsch fan for a long time. Last summer, my heart broke at the news that the Pilgrimage was cancelled. With the advent of the new forum, I thought it would be a good time to invite Klipsch folks to a Klipsch party at the Klipsch hometown. This is entirely devoid of any knowledge, blessing, or approval from anyone at Klipsch. If it turns out to be an ARKLATEX gathering, we'll have a blast, but I'd like to see some of you Yankees, and others, too. I'll post soon with some details. Since it's Hog country, we'll have to Bar-B-Que one.

SSH

"The Farm house is not available for rent in 2014", I was told when I called today to rent it for next March.

Edited by ssh
  • Like 4

This is not intended to compete with The Pilgrimage, just to ensure that we have an opportunity to get together for a meaningful purpose in a meaningful place.

Understood, it's just my quandry, the old bird in the hand situation. I want to go to SOMETHING, preferably the pilgrimage however I'd go to your gathering if there were no pilgrimage. The problem is I won't know if there will be one or not till after yours is over. I can't do both.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on some possible activities that require some notice of a date. I can't even yet say what the possibilities are, but once we see some positive reaction to this and set a date, maybe we can make some announcements that will stir you to make a trip to Hope.

Dependent on when, I'd certainly be there and would likely (have to check with the landlord, my brother) able to offer a roof in Texarkana to one or more at our lil' ol family homestead he still maintains there as a "place to be." For those from afar, it's less than an easy half hour from Klipsch HQ.

Anyway, certainly interested and I suspect LoneLobo would be as well, again dependent on when.

Dave

• Like 1