Anyone using Decware ?

A1UC

I bought it 2nd hand and had the seller send direct to Decware . Once they receive it they charge 100.00 and for that they test the unit and repair anything under warranty - they also transfer the lifetime warranty into my name . From the posts I have read Decware seems to have awesome customer service and build a top notch product .

Don't worry about the hijack it happens , I'm sure I did my share :)

I have a pretty awesome set of speakers now but if I go tubes all the way I might have to go a different route , maybe klipsch again :)

Have heard any of the Decaware amps?

I bought it 2nd hand and had the seller send direct to Decware . Once they receive it they charge 100.00 and for that they test the unit and repair anything under warranty - they also transfer the lifetime warranty into my name . From the posts I have read Decware seems to have awesome customer service and build a top notch product .

Don't worry about the hijack it happens , I'm sure I did my share :)

I have a pretty awesome set of speakers now but if I go tubes all the way I might have to go a different route , maybe klipsch again :)

Have heard any of the Decaware amps?

No I have not

I try and steer clear of reissue LP's... I have been burned to many times and I have yet, except one or two cases, heard a reissue that can out dynamic an original release.

No matter what the cost... although I do hold out hope for my newly re-released Ray Brown 1/2 speed copy of Soul Energy which should be here any day now.

Edited by Schu

A1UC,

Sorry I hijacked your thread!

Dave hit the nail on the head, I don't listen to anything pre 70s, mostly 80's. I can see the benefit in original recording from that time period, because as PWK said, we can only add to distortion. On the other hand, if listening to pieces composed in the digital age, VINYL is NOT the optimum source material.... Shakey, you sure are quick to put down others equipment!! when you don't even list yours in your signature! I also don't like that I can't play as loud or as base heavy with vinyl.. We all just have different tastes that's all. I wish you the best with your new piece of equipment A1UC, but it sounds like a first class company!

Roger

A1UC,

Sorry I hijacked your thread!

Dave hit the nail on the head, I don't listen to anything pre 70s, mostly 80's. I can see the benefit in original recording from that time period, because as PWK said, we can only add to distortion. On the other hand, if listening to pieces composed in the digital age, VINYL is NOT the optimum source material.... Shakey, you sure are quick to put down others equipment!! when you don't even list yours in your signature! I also don't like that I can't play as loud or as base heavy with vinyl.. We all just have different tastes that's all. I wish you the best with your new piece of equipment A1UC, but it sounds like a first class company!

Roger

Thanks, Roger. You know I love you, man!

Dave

I've gotten many NEW music released on vinyl, electronic/house and otherwise... it's really really impressive sounding and easily compared to the digital versions of the same LP.

even with heavy electronics there seems to be a pressence and warmth not found on a crisp sterile CD or DL. I do however listen to both mediums religiously.

most of the stuff is coming from europe... and south america.

http://boomkat.com/

Edited by Schu

I try and steer clear of reissue LP's... I have been burned to many times and I have yet, except one or two cases, heard a reissue that can out dynamic an original release.

No matter what the cost... although I do hold out hope for my newly re-released Ray Brown 1/2 speed copy of Soul Energy which should be here any day now.

Maybe I've been lucky. Many of the reissues I buy are so rare that I can only get them on reissue. There are exceptions but I guess I've been lucky. I picked up some Mulatu Astatke on Worthy records and I couldn't imagine the original being any better. I've found the vinyl being pressed in London and Paris to be of very high quality. I also like the fact that many reissues come with a digital download coupon so I get digital and vinyl copies.

http://www.soundwayrecords.com/

http://secretstashrecords.com/store/

http://www.forcedexposure.com/labels/4.men.with.beards.html

• Like 1

I think you girls with all the attitude need to read Art Dudley's stereophile piece this month on whether Audiophiles are snobs and re-asses your post;-) Granted analog is hit or miss because the format has pitfalls of a bad sound nature do to imperfections in material and techniques however the digital format does not have this downfall it still has it's own faults in cutoff/rolloff and the material may not even be present.

I like many of you have and hopefully enjoy both formats and realize what both offer in return, I happen to enjoy the ambience and even an occasional snap, crackle, pop and hiss providing it's not excessive because we hear in analog, analog recordings stand to deliver something closer to what we are already used to processing in and with that said I'm also pretty sure none of use hear in digital nor do our brains process in zero's and ones. Not saying we can't but after 57 years and listening to every format known to man I personally still find the vinyl format to be my favorite to sit down and just enjoy the music. My heart lies in DECAY for which no playback delivers better for me than tubes and vinyl, may as well be really good German beer and pretzels:-0

The light once again popped in on me several years back when I finally (and they pretty much stopped making good ones) changed out my car analog cassette player for a new Bluapunkt Mini Disc player. I put together Mini Disc with the same music set recordings as I had on my cassette's and noticed the MD's just left me unsatisfied with playback mind you they had dead quite backgrounds and even with the filters and inherent hiss that goes with the format the cassette always left me wanting to continue to sing the song long after I got out of the car and no digital format(DVD-A/SACD even the infamous DAT which to me was probably my favorite digital)to this day has done that for me:-(

In defense of re-issue I think it depends on quality in which you just need to follow some of the analog sites to find out who is doing them the best. I too have bought re-iisues on 180/200gm vinyl that sucked, I have been dissapointed to know end to pay upwards of $30 bones only to get something that is no where near as good as my original even if the pressing was done off the original master tapes the vinyl itself is flawed or the facility has poor recording areas that allow debris to get into the vinyl. then you have sound engineers (don't get me started on these guys)! Some of them bring new meaning to the terms "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but some of these guys can actually get ahold of the original master tapes and still mess them up which should be at minimum a class "B" misdemeanor in itself! Read around on the forums and watch what vinyl junkies are saying, you can get quality re-issues you just have to study up a little.

My biggest delight is finding out just doing a really good cleaning to original vinyl sometimes pays the biggest dividends. I have taken good care of my vinyl and after getting a few bad reissues and then deciding to clean my original stuff I have saved myself a ton on dupes.

Well in the infamous words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along" Cheers and sorry for snaking on your thread A1UC:-)

Edited by kaiser SET say

it's funny you bring up Mulatu... I have ethiopics #4 on CD, original LP and released LP... the re release is/was one of the fortunate good ones

I know someone who bought the entire series I think 14 CDs and there were only a few that were good. Disc #4 I was told is the best. The Worthy records reissues are better than his more accessible tracks. Interesting how he bridges african latin exotica and jazz.

I have not heard their phono stage, but I have heard their Zen Triode amp. In fact it was listening to one years ago, driving a pair of cornwalls that got me back into this hobby. I had never heard anything like it before. So realistic it was spooky! You probably wouldnt be able to turn it up to shake the rafters but for acoustic music at reasonable levels it was amazing.

Good luck with the phono stage. If it anything like their amps you are a lucky guy!

Josh

Just got my Half-Speed Production and Mastering ~ GAIN 2TM Ultra Analog Specially Plated and Pressed on 180 grams of High Definition Vinyl Sourced from Original Master Tapes Ray Charles The Genius Sings the Blues I was in heaven wow awesome

Just got my Half-Speed Production and Mastering ~ GAIN 2TM Ultra Analog Specially Plated and Pressed on 180 grams of High Definition Vinyl Sourced from Original Master Tapes Ray Charles The Genius Sings the Blues I was in heaven wow awesome

Congrats!! A good tube phono pre makes such a big difference.

Marantz Clearaudio TT-15S1 Turntable & Clearaudio Virtuoso Ebony Cartridge - Long Frustrating I believe :) I'm thinking about picking up a Rega RP6 but don't think I would gain to much . I just started getting into vinyl . My next goal is a record washer 16.5 , Decware will be receiving my ZP3 Today so I should have it back in 1-2 weeks

Congrats!! A good tube phono pre makes such a big difference.

Didn't get the tube pre yet 1-2 weeks

Edited by A1UC

I would suggest adding a vinyl front end to your system. You would reap the benefit of better sound.

Shakey

Pop, Crackle, Hiss! LMBO

Childish response.... I get so sick of the digital folks that have sunk a fortune in time in money on the digital front comparing the performance to a LP system that was/is totally half assed...then you have the LP freaks that spend a fortune in time and money then compare it to a digital rig that consist of a bargain bin CD player... All formats can and are good in there own ways...LP rig setup properly happen to be the most "musical systems" on earth always have been and most likely always will be.... snap, crackle, pop my ***

• Like 1