Seller rating area - POLL

mustang guy

Should there be a seller rating area?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be a seller rating area if possible?

• YES
    • NO
    • Golly, I can't seem to decide.

This has been brought up many times, and the old software was unable to make this a reality. Many of us buy and sell with one-another regularly, so we kinda know who's who. On the other hand, there are some newer folks who don't know us, and we don't know them. Let Chad know what you think by voting.

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

I agree that there should be some type of rating system. It does'nt have to be real involved. The "star system" is ok but it is very generic and broad. By that I mean no one knows why someone gets the rating they do. I have all 5 stars but why? Im a nice, honest guy and all, but there is no foundation for my rating. I've never sold anything through the forum. Maybe a seperate place on the profile titled "seller rating" or something. A place on the profile page where someone could go in and briefly say, (using myself and willand as an example), "I bought a b&k preamp from willand. Item was just as described" and I could rate him as a seller on a scale of 1-5 stars. Basically a Forum Rating and a Seller Rating. Perhaps a forum member that wants to sell something would have to register as a seller. That way the members that have no interest in selling would'nt have to worry with it and Chad wouldnt have to add the seller rating to all profiles. Just a thought.

• Administrators

The only problem I would see with the rating system, is if one member ticked off another and they went(not about selling but about other topics) in and rated them badly.

Exactly.

BOOO!

Edit: Topics are also ratable. Maybe we could put in something that makes you add a comment when you rate a thread? This way every rating has a comment associated with it. Just thinking...

• Like 1

The only problem I would see with the rating system, is if one member ticked off another and they went(not about selling but about other topics) in and rated them badly.

Exactly.

That opens a whole other can of worms. If Tom says Jerry sold him a great product and Jerry says the product was trash and gives Tom a poor rating and Tom wants to appeal that or have the negative rating removed or reversed, who does Tom appeal to? I doubt Chad and Amy have time to be seller rating moderators! Its a slippery slope for sure. Im all for it but there are certainly some ins and outs and what have you's!

Edited by philly0116

All there needs to be is a spot under your sig that says "Seller Rating" with a score and a number by it. The score would be your average of 100 for a positive and 0 for a negative. The "number" next to it would be how many people have rated you. I would think moderators would only get involved if someone rated you a 0 and there wasn't a transaction to go with the rating.

Exactly.

BOOO!

Edit: Topics are also ratable. Maybe we could put in something that makes you add a comment when you rate a thread? This way every rating has a comment associated with it. Just thinking...

LOL

If you institute a rating system and it is a pain in the ____, then it should just be deleted. No reason Klipsch needs to become Ebay. This should be honour based, and I bet if anything, the ratings are all going to be very high here. I have never had a single problem transaction here. I wish I could say the same for Ebay.

All there needs to be is a spot under your sig that says "Seller Rating" with a score and a number by it. The score would be your average of 100 for a positive and 0 for a negative. The "number" next to it would be how many people have rated you. I would think moderators would only get involved if someone rated you a 0 and there wasn't a transaction to go with the rating.

Yup. This would seem to be the easiest by far, for us, sorry Chad ;)

• Administrators

LOL

• Like 1

LOL

What was funny? Guess I missed it.

• Administrators

LOL

What was funny? Guess I missed it.

I was laughing at the "easiest for us" post.

• Like 1