Local theater bankrupt

holtrp

I will never go to a regular screen unless I just can't fit the false wall. I'd even consider the 2nd row going bye bye to have the false wall. There's something about he center being behind the screen. Makes me feel like I am at the theater. Been to a lot of homes with way nicer systems than mine, but all screens on the wall. I still feel like mine is more cinema like. Can't hurt to try that vinyl out. Like you said. Cheap to try.

• Like 2

I have a 130" Silver Spandex screen. That is as big as you can go from typical spandex suppliers (60" width.

(details in my build) https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/143424-ht-upgrade-wet-bar-at-screen-fireplace/?p=1630568

Spandex source: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/143424-ht-upgrade-wet-bar-at-screen-fireplace/?p=1625866

A screen that size with the Center Channel below or above will be very noticeable. AT screen is the way to go IMO. I love my Spandex screen more than I ever thought possible.

It really is an impressive picture. It was noticeable when I had the Center below my 100" screen. The bigger the screen the further the vocal audio moves away from the video source and your brain can tell they are not coming from the same place. With the AT screen it appears the people are talking from the screen itself instead of below it.

Wake I may have missed it reading through your thread, but did you do anything special to stretch that tight? The silver is on the viewing side/white behind? Was it a royal pain or did it go pretty smoothly? I have little doubt, when the time comes - that will be the route to go.

Wake I may have missed it reading through your thread, but did you do anything special to stretch that tight? The silver is on the viewing side/white behind? Was it a royal pain or did it go pretty smoothly? I have little doubt, when the time comes - that will be the route to go.

I used the screen tight tracks from Lowes as shown in this post:https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/143424-ht-upgrade-wet-bar-at-screen-fireplace/?p=1630568

Pulling it tight wasn't bad at all. I got my wife to help so one is pulling and the other putting in the spline. White in the outer track, silver on the inner track of the screen tight. (silver over white)

I started in the middle and worked toward the edges trying to keep even tension, not pulling it as tight as possible. Didn't take long. Screen tight is the way to go. I had one tiny ripple near a corner that would have been a huge pain if I had been using staples. Pulled out a foot of spline gave it a tug and put the spline back. Perfect!