Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Ermita Church, Manila, Philippines. The church is home to the Marian image of Our Lady of Guidance, (Nuestra Señora de Guia), which is considered to be the oldest Marian image in the Philippines, and in whose honor the church is officially named after and dedicated to. The original church was destroyed may times due to fires, earthquakes, WWII. The current building was finished in 1953.

Ermita Church.jpg

Ermita Church_interior_sm.jpg

• Like 1

That's a great shot! Here's some more from China... Taken in Jindezhen, the "Capital of Porcelain". Some of stuff made here is absolutely stunning, and done in small facilities. Small, large, murals done in ceramics...

Jindezhen_2.jpg

Jingdezhen.jpg

Jingdezhen_3.jpg

Jingdezhen_4.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, that plate is huge (I looked to see if I had a shot all the way to her feet... she is 4' 9"... maybe I can measure her from her knees. :ph34r:). We get a lot of the junk stuff over here, but they can make gorgeous pieces. This town has some really cool old buildings. Sadly, China has a habit of bulldozing everything to build something new that they can rent for more money.

Jingdezhen_building.jpg

jingdezhen_building_1.jpg

• Like 1