Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

5 hours ago, dtel said:

I really need to get a new camera body, it's getting a old. With really high ISO it starts to get to much grain, the newer bodies are much better for this. I don't use it very much because of that, only if the choice is, it's no pic or a little grain. 

Me too.  My D200 is ancient in digital camera terms, at least 3 generations behind.  But, it takes great images in good light, and it is built like a tank, so I'll wait a little longer.  The D500 was on my radar screen - until I blew a boat engine, and that takes priority over "upgrading" my camera.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Ugh, sorry to hear that.  The proverbial hole in the water you pour money in.

Yep.  I'm trying do decide whether to replace only the seized engine ($$$), or do a total re-powering of the boat with two new engines ($$$$$).

6 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Yep.  I'm trying do decide whether to replace only the seized engine ($$$), or do a total re-powering of the boat with two new engines ($$$$$).

I guess it all depends on your long term plans for the boat.

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I guess it all depends on your long term plans for the boat.

I've had that boat for 21 years, so I guess I'll do what is necessary to keep her for another 21 years.  A Chris Craft Commander is kind of a classic. It will be 50 years old in July.

• Like 1

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Seadog said:

I've had that boat for 21 years, so I guess I'll do what is necessary to keep her for another 21 years.  A Chris Craft Commander is kind of a classic. It will be 50 years old in July.

Nothing else like a Chris Craft, they are the Cadillac of classic cabin cruisers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Lots of good memories on that boat I'm sure.

Many, many good memories.  

The-Crew.jpg

I snapped this photo of my boys with the boat in 2007.  We had just eaten lunch at "Sneaky Pete's" restaurant, a thirty-minute cruise across the lake from our marina.  This was a favorite thing for us to do on a Saturday afternoon.  Of course, we would always spend the night on the boat before coming home the next day.  Both boys are now taller than me.

• Like 3

We have two Barred Owls that have a nest near the house. They work all day and night around here feeding little ones I guess. They do not leave and talk all the time to each other. I'm pretty sure I know what was going on a couple of months ago when it sounded like two screaming monkeys fighting over a banana one night in a tree nearby. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Were going to the mountains in E Tennessee next week for a wedding, but besides that one day I am hoping to get some pictures the rest of the time, it's the only part I am excited about really. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

Now that's tough pictures to try and catch.

It wasn't too bad. I heard the owl loud and clear from my deck. I got my camera w 400mm lens and quietly as possible, I approached the area. Sure enough, it picked up from a tree limb and flew a few hundred feet. I was snapping photos the whole way.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Elden, you could just take pictures the whole time. Might be the best photos taken at that wedding,

I probably will, a long time ago I did a bunch of weddings for friends and others. I did a bunch because I was doing it for fun, some times they would buy my film and I would give it back to them when I was done, they would develop it, I didn't care. Now that's unusual, I would see the pictures later, only one time out of all I didn't. I was free and just happy to have someone paying for my practicing.

This a pic from 4 years ago, my best friend who was paralyzed in a work accident. They had a party for their anniversary, I think 35th ? This pic of them shows them and on the table is a pic I took at their wedding back then.  I was also the dj, had a RTR playing while I took the pictures, it was kind of crazy but it worked.

The same day at the wedding I met his cousin, her name was Christy, a year later we got married.    That was a crazy day, but everyone had fun, my friend Alvin only lasted about 6 months more after that anniversary. 

alvin_debra-72.JPG

• Like 3

• Moderators

Yes he did, or gave me a life sentence, I'll go with the first one. :lol:

But your right, you never know, little things can happen that you don't think much of, and they sometimes can change the rest of your life.   

• Like 1