Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

So Thad, what lens did you get?

Edit: Just stumbled on the "What I got today" thread and saw you mention the two lenses. Yeah, I have to concur with the L series lenses. I have L glass covering 24 to 400mm in non-prime, but mostly pretty fast glass.

9 hours ago, Schu said:

You can instantly see the depth and smoothness of the tone... the lens looks a little soft in those pictures but I realize they are not ideal and are only test shots. Were they shot in RAW?

I do shoot RAW. I think the softness may be a result of the forum's attaching and compression process. 

I'll upload and link later to see if you discern any difference. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Elden, did you guys have a good time?

Yes we had a great time, this was either 10 or 11 and it's been fun every time, it's why we keep going back when we can, plus the port is in NO one hour away.

17 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

way to go Elden ... cruising is fun.

It is fun, the only thing you have to do is figure out what you want to eat when you get hungry.

We have been lucky to have friends with us almost every trip and everyone is just looking to have a good time.  It usually starts out here at least one night before we leave with a party out in the tiki bar.

• Moderators

Who we went with this time, couple on the left from Arkansas on there honeymoon, the two with mardi gras hats is my wife's brother and his wife from Gulf shores Alabama (my wife to the left of them), two on the right are friends from Beaumont Texas.

We were all waiting for the Muster drill so the ship would leave and head down river.

dream_2_19_17-001.JPG

dream_2_19_17-037.JPG

• Like 2

• Moderators

Not in our group this time, but it would be smarter to play with the boat not moving it can get windy sometimes. 

But we move over if someone want's to play, it get's funny at times, everyone is happy just to somewhat keep the ball on the table. One of the good things is everyone you run across is looking to have a good time, there on vacation.

One of the reasons we cruise is cost, we could not even go to New Orleans for 7 days and eat out and be taken care like this of for the price. Plus they drop you off on three islands so you can go to some nice spots.

• Like 2