Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Had a goat when I was kid, Huey.  Goats are great for mowing the lawn, leaving pellets, well everywhere, and when they get in the house the will eat everything in sight.  Magazines, plants, pillows, you name it they'll eat it.  Mine also used to like to use vehicles as mountain tops.  He'd jump up and get on top of the car and Baaaaaaahh forever.  He was my bud, kind of like a dog.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, richieb said:

I'm from the 'burbs so need to ask - what do you do with them critters? I'm serious -- 

We got these specifically for milking, both to drink and to make cheese. They're smaller breeds and therefore not high yield in meat, but we'll be culling all the males after about a year for meat. I plan to line breed the females until I see undesirable traits, otherwise I'll just stick with breeding the two main does.

They're not pets at my farm, we got them for the purpose of food. Same with my egg laying chickens (and eventual meat chickens), and most any other animals we bring onto the property. Animal care is too costly and time consuming for them to not be giving something tangible in return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

We got these specifically for milking, both to drink and to make cheese. They're smaller breeds and therefore not high yield in meat, but we'll be culling all the males after about a year for meat. I plan to line breed the females until I see undesirable traits, otherwise I'll just stick with breeding the two main does.

They're not pets at my farm, we got them for the purpose of food. Same with my egg laying chickens (and eventual meat chickens), and most any other animals we bring onto the property. Animal care is too costly and time consuming for them to not be giving something tangible in return.

You are going to need some good hot sauce for all that.

• Like 3