• Announcements

• Chad

New Forums   07/31/16

Welcome to the newly upgraded Klipsch Forums! If you have been here before 8/1/16, you'll notice a facelift. Not to worry - your posts, messages, gallery images, etc are all intact. There are many new and upgraded features to the forums. We'll be posting an updated FAQ soon. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions in the new Klipsch Q&A section. NOTE: The search index is still being re-built, so searching and activity feeds may not be 100% complete in results yet.
    • Chad

Login Help   08/01/16

IMPORTANT: Member accounts now use your display name (the handle that is displayed next to your posts, which may have been different from your username on the old forums) for logging in. If you have forgotten your display name or password, you can click the "forgot password" link and have your display name emailed to you with an option to also reset your password.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jason str

New Klipsch horn subwoofer

49 posts in this topic

Never seen this before.

Its bigger than 2 wide THT's.

Less output than one though according to the specs.

12 ohms, better get a big amp too.

Looks good though.

Link

1 person likes this

KPT_1802_HLS_-_Angled_635234081399512000

KPT-1802-HLS---Connections_6352340820982

Edited by Schu
1 person likes this

It is nice looking but doesn't seem very practical for size to performance ratio.

Seems that they designed it to go lower than most of their other horn boxes, thus the size.

It is nice looking but doesn't seem very practical for size to performance ratio.

Looks to me like it's made for a Theatre; as in NOT Home.

Specs don't look any better than the 884 really. I guess just the fact that it's a horn loaded sub vs direct radiator sub? And sancho the cinema line is for movie theaters and people like me with false walls and get crazy with the volume once in a while lol

1 person likes this

Looks to me like it's made for a Theatre; as in NOT Home.

Have you seen pics of half the guys system, look at Rigmas, or Bhendrix's, along with alot of others.

I'm NOT saying it can't go in a HT, but size complaints are NA. Some, including Moi, have room.

At 31" minimum width its just a matter of if it fits through the door or around that bend.

Good idea for klipsch to design a horn sub, it will keep distortion at a minimum

Edited by jason str

Volume... as is size, not loudness.

This guy has a vent firing into the throat, which Roy got a patent on a while ago. Would this be the first commercial product with it in action?

I'd love to hear one side by side against an Othorn which has similar specs, but half the size.

Have to say, this would go really well with my Jubilee's. My door happens to be 33 inches. Wondering if a crown xti1000 will work? That pushes my KPT684 no problem.

Remember when they started collecting idea's? I mentioned a horn loaded subwoofer as I'm sure others did as well.

72*48*31 is quite large.

I'm not sure i understand the design, wouldn't adding a passive in a horn cause cancellation issues ?

This guy has a vent firing into the throat, which Roy got a patent on a while ago. Would this be the first commercial product with it in action?

Is there a cut away view somewhere?

Thanks.

it looks like with a nice veneer on the front it could make a fantastic tv stand with a rc-64 on top.....hmmmmm wonder if the wife would notice?

That patent doesn't look like a match to me. If you look at the front view of the speaker, it looks as though you can see the very back of the cabinet. Are you saying the box in the patent is the front part, with the cone part facing the rear? I wonder about the horn length as well. Wouldn't there need to be more length behind the front box to allow for such low tuning frequency, or does the passive somehow reduce the horn length? I have never seen a mix of passive and horn in anything.