Onkyo Receivers $199-$299

johnnydrama

Yeah, but it's still an Onkyo receiver............... :(

What's wrong with Onkyo?

Nothing at all. Most likely not the audible bliss and raw power of the Onkyo Grand Integra models of the 80's that "competed" with the Mark Levinsons and Krells though.

Bill

I was just wondering why Shaky didn't seem fond of them.

Shakey,

I mean no disrespect at all here and I think I am not far off base with my "assumption". :smile:

I think Shakey is used to more refined "audiophile grade" gear and "consumer grade" mass produced gear does not seem to be his cup of tea, especially for quality music listening. And that is okay with me. I get that. Maybe he(Shakey) could be a little more tactful with his honesty and obvious disdain for such "common man" gear. There are some on this forum, including me, who are all about "bang for the buck" gear choices.

Let's all decide to not take other member's opinions and preferences so seriously, especially when they are different from our own. :emotion-22: :emotion-22:

Bill

PS

NO piling on. :o

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

I was just wondering why Shaky didn't seem fond of them.

Shakey,

I mean no disrespect at all here and I think I am not far off base with my "assumption". :smile:

I think Shakey is used to more refined "audiophile grade" gear and "consumer grade" mass produced gear does not seem to be his cup of tea, especially for quality music listening. And that is okay with me. I get that. Maybe he(Shakey) could be a little more tactful with his honesty and obvious disdain for such "common man" gear. There are some on this forum, including me, who are all about "bang for the buck" gear choices.

Let's all decide not take other member's opinions and preferences so seriously, especially when they are different from our own. :emotion-22: :emotion-22:

Bill

PS

NO piling on. :o

Yours was a noble post, Bill and I can dig where you're coming from with it.

However I'm not down with members who are unable to say what they mean or mean what they say. If that's the case in Shakey's situation, why post anything at all? Simply move on to the next thread. Unfortunately that borderline passive-aggressive missive combined with a snarky emoticon just paints the writer in a negative light.

On the bright side... this wasn't a member's 'For Sale' thread.

Just my opinion and all...

Shakey did you used to be banned? I have never noticed you before. But I sure notice your comments a lot now.

PS NO piling on. :o

Please take note.

Let's all decide to not take other member's opinions and preferences so seriously, especially when they are different from our own. :emotion-22: :emotion-22:
Good post Bill, and duly noted. Shakey

Shakey made amends.

Bill

Shakey did you used to be banned? I have never noticed you before. But I sure notice your comments a lot now.

PS NO piling on. :o

Please take note.

Good post Bill, and duly noted. Shakey

Shakey made amends.

Bill

sure he did. Look I don't take

Offense to anything shaky says as I could care less about what he thinks about me having a receiver. What I dislike is reading his comments and instantly feeling like I am on a different forum where everyone isn't friendly towards each other. Just a bunch of negativity towards each other. And I've seemed to notice it a lot from shaky as have others. Just don't like it that's all. Maybe he can actually learn to refrain a bit before he starts blasting others gear. That is all. Good night.