The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
TasDom

Fly Geyser, Nevada

Has anyone here ever seen this in person? The pictures look amazing, almost like another world....

Fly Geyser

Located on a gated parcel of private property within the million-acre Black Rock Desert, Fly Geyser is not a natural phenomenon. It was created accidentally in 1964 from a geothermal test well inadequately capped. The scalding water has erupted from the well since then, leaving calcium carbonate deposits growing at the rate of several inches per year. The brilliant red and green coloring on the mounds is from thermophilic algae thriving in the extreme micro-climate of the geysers.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Fly+Geyser%2c+Nevada&FORM=IQFRBA&id=70ED0B65C407B27DE323D95E02709624A27C8A78&selectedIndex=44#view=detail&id=70ED0B65C407B27DE323D95E02709624A27C8A78&selectedIndex=0

post-51278-0-86880000-1389284786_thumb.j

post-51278-0-59160000-1389284813_thumb.j

post-51278-0-37560000-1389284831_thumb.j

I've never been but those do indeed look amazing. Photoshop is a wonderful thing.

I've never been but those do indeed look amazing. Photoshop is a wonderful thing.

Yes that is amazing, not so much "photoshopping" going on, that's pretty much what it looks like.... ;)

Edited by oldenough

Yes that is amazing, not so much "photoshopping" going on, that's pretty much what it looks like.... ;)

There a bit going on there, beleive me. Think saturtion and color balance, specially in the sky

Strange, I would guess some of the color is from minerals ?

Looking at only the clouds in the image I would have to say they look kinda "crispy". Sharpness was definately boosted in the image IMHO. Still a cool phenomenon and one I would like to see in person.

definitely saturation and hue adjustments... I can see it right away.

still beautiful

Edited by Schu

Gotta wonder if there isn't a well head or 2 or 3 buried inside those mounds. They're a peculiar shape for such deposited features. Real lumpy but still uniform in size among all three.

Sorry Schu....I meant it in a sarcastic way (hence the smiley wink)....but regardless they are fantastic images.