Do I have hope?

zingo

In my last house, I had a pair of corner horns which were the best speakers I've ever owned. Not only could they produce a very natural and realistic sound stage, but they frequency response wanted for nothing. However, I had to sell them when I moved over a year ago because my listening room can no longer accommodate corner horns. I have purchased many acclaimed speakers since then including Martin Logan, Polk SDA, Klipsch CF-3, and even custom built 3-way speakers using reference drivers. The problem is that I've never reached the performance or enjoyment level of those corner horns with any of the speakers that followed.

Do I have hope to find a pair of speakers that will reach that performance level again? I know that corner horns are their own animal, and that those physics are hard to replicate, but maybe someone of here has found a worthy substitution for those who don't have good corners?

Thank you for the help and the salvation!

post-41407-0-42760000-1390084709_thumb.j

In my last house, I had a pair of corner horns which were the best speakers I've ever owned. Not only could they produce a very natural and realistic sound stage, but they frequency response wanted for nothing. However, I had to sell them when I moved over a year ago because my listening room can no longer accommodate corner horns. I have purchased many acclaimed speakers since then including Martin Logan, Polk SDA, Klipsch CF-3, and even custom built 3-way speakers using reference drivers. The problem is that I've never reached the performance or enjoyment level of those corner horns with any of the speakers that followed.

Do I have hope to find a pair of speakers that will reach that performance level again? I know that corner horns are their own animal, and that those physics are hard to replicate, but maybe someone of here has found a worthy substitution for those who don't have good corners?

What are the bass horns?

Why not build some nice false corners and go back to corner horns? Rebuild what you had?

The speakers were built by a company named Soniphase out of Seattle; I highly recommend them if you have a few figures to spend.

Besides having sold the speakers over a year ago, there is an 18" trim accent all the way around my listening room where the foundation lives. It's fine for normal speakers, but would cause corner horns with wings to sit out in the room a few inches.

Traditional speakers have been working great in my room, as the concrete floor creates a great support and limited resonance.

Hello is this thumbnail your current setup ?? or is this what you sold ??

If this is your current setup, i suggest you decide if you like anything about what you have ie...is the bass great, are the mids and highs good etc...

If this is what you sold, I'm afraid you are in the same boat as many who hear horns and like them. Horns have a presentation that regular speakers simply cannot reproduce, Good news is though there are some Very nice horn systems that do not require corners. some are hard to find and some insanely expensive but ive found diligence has paid off when looking for the parts needed

I Loved the oris horn systems personally

Edited by joessportster

does anyone know... is this setup kosher coming from the same horn?

DOUBLE_HORN_SMALL.JPGDOUBLE_HORN_BACKVIEW_SMALL.JPG

Intuitively, I'd say no. But curiosity asks, what are the two drivers? I assume one's a tweet and the other a mid., in which case I'd guess sharing the same horn is a bad idea.

On the other hand, if the drivers are something different, who knows? could be an experiment gone wrong, or a new design philosophy. Who made/makes that animal?

Edited by Gilbert