Would love to try these in my system for a month or so "horns"

JL Sargent

I have 2" JBL 2441s that I would like to try with the Oris Orphean horns or a buddy will hook me up with the 1.3" Altec drivers to work with these horns. Would like to do both just for the fun of it.

They should include the specs. on the Ebay ad IMHO.

Edited by JL Sargent

What are the specs of the horn?

How low will it go and how high?

Seesm like they should list this stuff.

Rudy81 had the Jabo horns configured for 2 inch exit compression drivers about three years ago before he bought his Oris horns. Page 5 of the thread below shows Rudy's measurements using a couple of different drivers along with listening impressions and page 6 has information from the builder indicating that the horns are exponential and could be used down to 400Hz. I bought the horns from Rudy after he bought his Oris horns and have been using them with JBL 2440 compression drivers, JBL 2404 baby cheek tweeters and Altec 816 bass horns stuffed with Altec 416A woofers. Crossover points used are 500 Hz and 6000 Hz. Now the set up is on loan to my brother until I move again.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/125728-diy-round-tractrix-horn/page-5

Fjd, did Jabo configure the horns or Rudy81? How was that done?

Jabo just sells the horns. I really enjoyed mine and my experience with the Jabo horns convinced me to pursue what I had always wanted...the Oris 150.

The Jabo, IMHO produce a really excellent sound for a 2" driver. They have a really good sound and with the Faital Pro drivers I used, were just outstanding.

I had heard the Oris 150s a long time ago and have been pursuing that sound for years. I finally convinced myself to stop chasing the alternatives and just spend the money for the Oris. I have not looked back since.

However, the Jabo horns were THE best horns I tried for my 2" drivers. They really are a bargain for the price.

Not sure what you mean by who configured the horns. I purchased the raw horns, painted them and set them up using an active crossover.

I have since evolved into areas I never dreamed of. I now run the Oris horns with an open baffle LF. My center channel is all open baffle and it just sounds great for movies. I ended up with my current setup purely by chance. I have yet to find any setup that can sound better in my room.

Edited by Rudy81

Hey Rudy, hope your doing well. I know we have discussed the Oris horns on more than one occasion. I'm just wondering about how you mounted your 2" drivers on the Jabo horns? Did you have to buy an adapter or?

Edited by JL Sargent

The eBay listing of the Jabo KH-55 should be for a 2" throat. If you look closely at his pictures, his drivers have an adapter. Best thing is to contact the seller and verify the throat opening.

Edited by Rudy81

• 2 weeks later...