Panasonic Plasma Buzzing Noise

fuzzydog

My Samsung has a slight buzz also. When I decided(easy decision) on a plasma over LED/LCD, the buzz thing that is sometimes noted with some plasmas was one of the cons to consider. The life-like natural colors, large viewing angle, and inky blacks/white whites easily outweighed the potential buzz. Though I will note that the buzzing volume is not constant with my Samsung, at least I only occasionally notice it during very quiet scenes.

Bill

• Moderators

This 21" Gateway computer monitor I'm looking right now has a slight buzz depending on how bright the page is. I hope it's because I connected the VGA cable instead of the DVI which I didn't have, I think the DVI is a better connection anyway need to get one ?

I would think it's the same as large Ht screens ? DVI is better than VGA, is that right ?

Then don't ever mute your system :)

Seriously though, I just bought a 65VT60 and it makes a slight buzzing sound and it is louder with an all white picture. You do have to listen for it when the system is muted, but it's noticeable. I think all recent Panasonic plasmas do this, not sure of other brands. It maybe better to wait a few years for OLED.

Question for panasonic plasma owners...do any of your displays emit a slight buzzing noise which varies in loudness depending on how bright the picture is? The brighter the image the louder the buzzing. It is only noticeable when my system is muted.

Edited by etc6849

I agree. One (maybe unique) thing the newer Panasonic's do is have this slight flicker on a mostly white screen. I'm not sure if people notice it or not. On mine I can see it, but I suspect once I'm used to it, it'll disappear. Seems this is a common comment on forums.

Overall, the 65VT60 has the best picture I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I'm younger so I missed the Kuro closeout as I didn't own a home back then (and was renting a small room). They were awesome TVs from what I've read.