Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Seadog said:

dtel, do you remember the name of that place? I'm getting hungry just looking at this picture.  

I had to go look it up, I couldn't' remember, but this is it. I was little surprised there are over 1000 Mexican restaurants in the San Antonio area, I knew there would be alot but wow ! :o I did find out the name of that beef and bacon dish, brochetta 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pollos-asados-los-norteños-san-antonio

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60956-d3976153-Reviews-Pollos_Asados_Los_Nortenos-San_Antonio_Texas.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Los-Nortenos-Pollos-Asados/132621593506609

• Like 3

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, minermark said:

Think ill go flood the flower bed for an easier dig in the morning.

I have done that before, our dirt is hard clay here, it's like cement when dry, watering really helps but it's very slow to soak in. The same reasons ponds do so well here, you can fill a hole with water here for days and dig down another few inches and it's dry as a bone.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have done that before, our dirt is hard clay here, it's like cement when dry, watering really helps but it's very slow to soak in. The same reasons ponds do so well here, you can fill a hole with water here for days and dig down another few inches and it's dry as a bone.

Flooded the strip of 2" deep dirt last night, just now stuck a shovel in it, NO further water will be needed.

Will dig out in the morning 4+" deep for a layer of rock to prepare for concrete pour, maybe weekend.

Here we call this crap dirt "HardPan" and clay is 75% of the content.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:

I  know we passed the area, I had no idea it was 5 min from your house, he did say he visited you once but he didn't say it was that close. Traffic on I-10 was crazy Sunday, how far from you is that Ford arena and outdoor music pavilion, looks like a cool place ?

We stopped at that crazy place Buc-ee's to get diesel, that place is crazy, 

Buc-ees has some really good jerky.

Ford park is 10 minuts from the house.

I-10 takes a sharp bend in Beaumont.  There's an exit in the bend called Gladys.   If you exit there and go straight on Gladys for maybe 2 miles you're a mile from my house.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

I had to go look it up, I couldn't' remember, but this is it. I was little surprised there are over 1000 Mexican restaurants in the San Antonio area, I knew there would be alot but wow ! :o I did find out the name of that beef and bacon dish, brochetta 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pollos-asados-los-norteños-san-antonio

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60956-d3976153-Reviews-Pollos_Asados_Los_Nortenos-San_Antonio_Texas.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Los-Nortenos-Pollos-Asados/132621593506609

Thank you for doing that research.  Next time I'm in SA, I'll have to do some hands-on research of my own :P

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

And maybe you can not go by Carl's place too.  Everybody's doing it:lol:

Well, l I've been there, and hope to do it again sometime.  Carl is a great host.  That 10 minutes from I-10 is worth the drive!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Well, l I've been there, and hope to do it again sometime.  Carl is a great host.  That 10 minutes from I-10 is worth the drive!

Although I wouldn't recommend visiting him on a day that he's shagging a floor....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Although I wouldn't recommend visiting him on a day that he's shagging a floor....

Jealousy will get you nowhere.  You and Chuck should start your own ED club.  Your motto could be: "Best ED club in the country, you just can't beat it".

• Like 1

Looks like a three cup morning :emotion-44::emotion-44::emotion-44:

Wheeled the trash out, saw a neighbor from far across the street, got the "Stink Eye" look.

These are renters, scuttlebutt in Da-Hood has them NOT partial to my Volume.

After this third cup i will be doning my PWK "Workshirt". 

Gladys Cravits and the new renters will be watching.......

Gladys_Kravitz.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, dtel said:

If I ever go back to that city I want to go eat at the same place. I don't know Mexican food or the names,  but the fist pic is beef and bacon, second is sausage, chicken and beef, these two was for 4 people with rice and beans. The place is not fancy but the food is very good, and that pepper was hot. 

Next time try to get up to Cooper's BBQ in Llano.  Best brisket in Tejas!  Stand in line at the door, pick your meats off the grill, go inside for sides and eat on the picnic tables with whoever.  Perfect!  There's one in New Braunfels, but it's not quite as good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minermark said:

Good Taco Morning gang

80s looking good for the Dig today.

Hope my wheelbarrow still works.

Coffee tasting mighty fine.

You're up too early for a retired man!  Just finishing B'fast with a cup of Brazilian Saint Lucia Yellow Bourbon.  :D

• Like 3

Just now, John Albright said:

You're up too early for a retired man!  Just finishing B'fast with a cup of Brazilian Saint Lucia Yellow Bourbon.  :D

Iv been Napping since last Sat, Spect i better get up and get mobile a couple days a week.

(Day(s) to be determined)

Pics to follow........

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Albright said:

Next time try to get up to Cooper's BBQ in Llano.  Best brisket in Tejas!  Stand in line at the door, pick your meats off the grill, go inside for sides and eat on the picnic tables with whoever.  Perfect!  There's one in New Braunfels, but it's not quite as good. 

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Coopers also does mail order on their brisket, and it's really good.....

Even this Alaska boy has been to Cooper's!  It's the real deal!  My Texan buddy said you know it's real when you spend $36 on it and it's served on wax paper.  I'm almost ruined on BBQ now bc it just doesn't measure up to that place!  Two thumbs up, go check it out if you're within 1,000 miles or so! 

• Like 3