Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

my first job was setting up and tearing down mobile homes.  i lived in the high desert at the time.  black widows galore. nothing like crawling under a mobile home that has been sitting in the desert for years.  sat around drinking beer after work one time, drove half-hour to get home, while in the shower the water washed a black widow out of my hair. I screamed and my roommate came running thinking i was hurt or something ... then he said i was acting like a girl.

My dad while young sat upon a privy and got bit by the Widow...

Doc said if made it by morning... alright

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

c67ee9e259fef49bc247ea8692ae2ffd.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Hot Thursday Morning!   Looks like most of us in the USA will have the similar heat and humidity over the next few days, so I'm going to start coffee and cocktails a little earlier than I normally would.  Setting a mod tomorrow, and I believe we're going to get the crane set up today so we can start about 5:00 AM Friday and try to wrap it up early.  Stay cool!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cut the humidity in half..that's our monsoon

this is going to sound silly, but our heat index is generally lower than most of the country at this time of year.

 Was telling boy that this is siesta season.  It doesn't interrupt the wrk day. Folks start at 5AM... 1 or 2PM, you're done for the day

 

Mexican beans today.

 

  Been waffling on pulling the trigger on a sub/s. Not having a sub out on my amp threw a wrench in the works. I guess I'm looking for 2 subs, one per channel? And a dongle/adapter to step down the output from #2 speakers out?

 my junk sub has provision for running it "in line" with the speakers. SVS doesn't.... But you can adjust it with an i-phone... which I don't have, not even a mobile flip-phone

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woke up to an ocean view as we're on vacation.  Just got from an hour long beach walk.  Had martinis on the patio last night.  Cheers all.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Woke up to an ocean view as we're on vacation.  Just got from an hour long beach walk.  Had martinis on the patio last night.  Cheers all.

I believe you’re in Florida? What coast? I always went to the gulf side (my Dad had a house there) but the last two times has been to the “Space Coast”... I believe I like it better.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pete H said:

I'm going to start coffee and cocktails a little earlier than I normally would.

Really change up your routine, switch up the two.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I believe you’re in Florida? What coast?

The one that is hot, very sandy and right on the water, with a 99% chance of sunburn, the other 1% is chance of lightning and rain.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I believe you’re in Florida? What coast? I always went to the gulf side (my Dad had a house there) but the last two times has been to the “Space Coast”... I believe I like it better.

East coast.  15 minutes south of Daytona. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Pics?

Still can't post pictures off my phone for some reason.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtel said:

Really change up your routine, switch up the two.  

Someday, but not today.  The weekend, all rules are out. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

East coast.  15 minutes south of Daytona. 

At least you didn't say 15 south of New Smyrna :cool:

I'd have to be younger or at least in great shape again to go back to the naked beaches!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 12:23 PM, Dave1290 said:

.

 

Well Said  👍  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Still can't post pictures off my phone for some reason.

Send a few to me and I will post them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Send a few to me and I will post them.

Done

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JohnJ said:

At least you didn't say 15 south of New Smyrna :cool:

I'd have to be younger or at least in great shape again to go back to the naked beaches!

From what I understand you don't.  Just the opposite is what's mostly there now.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...