Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Let's try this again.  Wrote a note and then the cord came out of the lap top and I lost it.

Thanks guys for the guitar encouragement.  Discussed switching to an electric one with a smaller neck since LF has both. 

Billy, dig your guitar out and get those callouses built back up.  You, me. and Steve can do a conference call jam at some point.

Earl, my guess is the Cary will be the keeper....but that's just a guess.

Jake is a clean dog.  I gave him a bath at a dog supply shop.  An older lady saw him and smiled and said "what is he besides over weight?"  Think Jake's feelings were hurt.  But he does smell much better.

LF will be back at 9:00 am Saturday.  If you call me the phone will be off the hook till 12:00 :o

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Hey Chuck, any good jam session with guitars needs a B-3. We'd have to adjust for time zones, but a buddy (who's played professionally) keeps a guitar at our place, so there's a whole Colorado contingent ready to go!!

Jake should tell that lady that he's not fat, he's just big boned. Congrats on the LF's return!! Chuck.

• Like 4

The more pressing question is"  Who has a land line any more????

I guess I am a contrarian.  I have a land line but no cell phone.  I had one when I worked but no more.  One less tether.

The behavior I see regarding cell/smart phone usage makes me happy to not be in that number.  A quick story.....was having dinner out and at the next table was a couple and their two college age sons.  I never heard a word of conversation spoken and both boys had their phones by their plate reading and texting as they ate :mellow:  

Conversation face to face is getting as rare as cursive in grade school.  Kind of like here on the old pc :blink:

• Like 5

Conversation face to face is getting as rare as cursive in grade school.

Conversation face to face is becoming rarer these days, it's a shame.  Teaching cursive in school is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

No one says you HAVE to be on your cell phone 24/7.  You can use it like an adult or a child.  They are handy however.

• Like 4

Let's try this again.  Wrote a note and then the cord came out of the lap top and I lost it.

Thanks guys for the guitar encouragement.  Discussed switching to an electric one with a smaller neck since LF has both. 

Billy, dig your guitar out and get those callouses built back up.  You, me. and Steve can do a conference call jam at some point.

Earl, my guess is the Cary will be the keeper....but that's just a guess.

Jake is a clean dog.  I gave him a bath at a dog supply shop.  An older lady saw him and smiled and said "what is he besides over weight?"  Think Jake's feelings were hurt.  But he does smell much better.

LF will be back at 9:00 am Saturday.  If you call me the phone will be off the hook till 12:00 :o

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Hey Chuck, any good jam session with guitars needs a B-3. We'd have to adjust for time zones, but a buddy (who's played professionally) keeps a guitar at our place, so there's a whole Colorado contingent ready to go!!

Jake should tell that lady that he's not fat, he's just big boned. Congrats on the LF's return!! Chuck.

Yeah Chuck I'm waiting for Jake to ask me if his butt looks too big :mellow:

It will be awhile before I'm ready to jam.....believe me!

• Like 4

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 17 Dec 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

eth2, on 17 Dec 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

Let's see. Out of action from 9 to 12.

Activity - 9 to 9:05

Recuperation 9:05 to 12

:lol:

Earl nailed it.

Remember Tarheal pace yourself. :o

• Like 3

Learn how to play Honky Tonk(the song) and Green Onions and,

you will be good to go. May have used bandaid for finger in the past

so I could keep playing/practicing while blister healed. Bass guitar,electric.

Hazelnut at 8"Oclock...Bandit at 12 ...Pull up...got one...like catching fish... :emotion-44:

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Tarheel

You are right. It is bizarre to see people ignoring one another, just to stare at their phones.

Not using a phone myself I find that really crazy, it's like that everywhere. I told my wife if a meteor were to take out satellites and cellphone towers a big part of the population would have a nervous breakdown and just stand dumbfounded as to how to get things done. 

Like driving, is what's going on with your phone worth dieing for ? What are they thinking ?

But the birthrate has probably dropped of because of cellphones, until they come out with an app for that :o .

• Like 2

Tarheel as the MARATHON MAN

He stops at nothing to be able to relax

when his heart is racing.

Pulsing with Carolina oyster juice in his veins.

Who can stop the MARATHON MAN ?

One of the most verile specimens on the planet.

Tarheel is the MARATHON MAN !

:)

Stay tuned for more from the MARATHON MAN !

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

Tarheel

You are right. It is bizarre to see people ignoring one another, just to stare at their phones.

Not using a phone myself I find that really crazy, it's like that everywhere. I told my wife if a meteor were to take out satellites and cellphone towers a big part of the population would have a nervous breakdown and just stand dumbfounded as to how to get things done. 

Like driving, is what's going on with your phone worth dieing for ? What are they thinking ?

But the birthrate has probably dropped of because of cellphones, until they come out with an app for that :o .

Saw a rear end collision at lunch.  No brake squeal at all.  Knocked the car ahead into the next car ahead.  Want to bet it was cell phone related?  Saw the same scenario about a block from there a couple of months ago.  It's getting serious folks :huh:

• Like 3

Tarheel

Saw a rear end collision at lunch.  No brake squeal at all.  Knocked the car ahead into the next car ahead.  Want to bet it was cell phone related?  Saw the same scenario about a block from there a couple of months ago.  It's getting serious folks :huh:

Tarheel,

Watch out for the rear end collisions over the next few days!!

• Like 4

Tarheel

Tarheel,

Watch out for the rear end collisions over the next few days!!

:wub2:  :smile:  :emotion-25:  :biggrin:  :emotion-21:  and that's the truth.

• Like 4